cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get ProductID in my custom facet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have added new facet to Opportunity TI screen. I am trying to get the 'ProductID' from the Opportunity overview page.

Product ID in oppt overview page is associated with 'Opportunity/Item/ItemProduct/MaterialV1/InternalID' in BO Browser. But when I create a new tab using Extensibility explorer --> Add view to embedded component, it asks for binding. There I couldn't find the Opportunity outport with the same name.

In PublicOutportECOpportunityItem, there is no fields that matches with my inport. Is there any other approach to handle this? Or is this the standard outports we could access? If so there is a possibility to get ProductID or not??

Pls give your suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Swadini Sujanaranjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RaviTejaGuptha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swadini,

Get the Opportunity ID from the Public Outport and create an event to read the Opportunity from the ID to fill the BO model of EC. After this you can create the binding between your data model and BO model.

Hope you are looking for the same.

For more details with the screenshots

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I am able to get the opportunity Id. But I want to get the InternalID of the material which is not in the Public outport.

I dono there is any other possibility to get the fields or it is restricted by standard.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Swadini Sujanaranjan

RaviTejaGuptha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swadini,

So in the outport "PublicOutportECOpportunityItem" the parameter "ProductID" is not having the product ID.

Kindly elaborate your requirement. Thanks for understanding.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ravi. The parameter for ProductID is there but I couldnt get value by following the steps I did for Opportunity.

When I tried with the BObrowser/Datamodel for the standard ProductId its shows the corresponding field 'Opportunity/Item/ItemProduct/MaterialV1/InternalID' . But I am unable to find the same field in outport. That's where I got struck.

Your inputs pls.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Swadini Sujanaranjan

RaviTejaGuptha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swadini,

May i know your business requirement in details. As per my understanding whenever we open an Opportunity TI these Outport->Inport will be triggered. So by the time the Outports will not have the Product ID.

Kindly correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah Ravi.

My requirement is to get the ProductID in my custom tab added in Opportunity. From this ProductID I need to use web service to get the bom details from on premise system.

Initially I need ProductID of the opportunity which is in the Overview page of Opportunity(ref screenshot at the original post).

This is the overview of my requirement Ravi. I am not clear whether I could get this or not.

Kindly provide your inputs.

Regards

Swadini Sujanaranjan

RaviTejaGuptha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swadini,

If we have multiple products what should be displayed in your tab??

Here try with the option lazy loading while binding. May be it may fill the public outport parameters.

Otherwise we cannot modify the hyper link properties which you have shown in the screenshot(My understanding).

As a work around we can have a table view in the new tab which will show all products BOM details.

In this scenario we can use the Opportunity ID from the outport and in the events we can read the "Items" node and send these details through webservice and get the result and display them.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thanks for your inputs. As you said how to get all the products in a table. How to read the items? pls explain.

Regards

Swadini Sujanaranjan

RaviTejaGuptha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swadini,

Here you need create a custom BO which can map with the Opportunity ID(Key) in the header level.

Add an action where you can write your custom logic.And create a node with the product along BOM parameters.

1) Create an EC and select the BO as your custom BO.

2) So in the inbound plug event, you need to create an event to read the custom BO.

3)If there is no entry in the DB , then you need to create an instance with the Opportunity ID.

4)Next event will be calling the BO-Action, inside that you can call the webservice.

5)In the same action you need to fill the BO->BOM node values.

6)In the EC you can bind the custom BO parameters to BO->BOM node parameters.

I hope it will work.

Best Regards,

Ravi