cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event on selecting a drop down list value in search guibb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a drop down in search guibb. I want an event to be triggered when the user is selecting any value from the drop down.

However, no standard events are triggered when we select the drop down value. I have even tried setting the  ES_OPTIONS-RAISE_EVENT_ON_ATTR_CHANGE parameter in the GET_DEFINITION method. However, no events are triggered when we select a drop down value.

Any suggestion on this would be of great help to me.

Thanks,

Ajith Cheruvally

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajith ,

In the UIBB dropdown configuration , create a event and write the code logic , thats it.

Declare the event in IF_FPM_GUIBB~INITIALIZE and write the logic inside the PROCESS_EVENT, so if you select any value from the dropdown the event will get trigger .

Thanks,

Pradeep

Message was edited by: pradeep mohan

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

no, this is not possible. ES_OPTIONS-RAISE_EVENT_ON_ATTR_CHANGE only addresses changes of search attributes (drop down on the left hand side), not of the attribute values.

On the search input fields, you get the FPM_EXECUTE_SEARCH event when you press <ENTER>. This is event not bound for the drop down list boxes as the user usually does not want to execute the search on any value selection (performance!).

I don't know what you want to achieve with this, but maybe you really need other concepts like multi-value search fields or something.

Regards, Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jens,

The reason why I need a drop down event is below.

I have a list of values associated with the logged on user in a drop down. The drop down should also have an option to search additional values. So, in the drop down list, I am populating a string 'Search Other'. When some one selects it, a new window should open up with some search option. On searching and finding a result from that new window, the new value should also be added to the original drop down value list. This is the idea. Anyway, I have accomplished this by WD_SELECT_OPTION_20 component's ON_ENTER event.

I am not sure why this event is not available in the SEARCH GUIBB.

Thanks,

Ajith Cheruvally

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

ok, I see. Fine if you realized this with native WD. Nevertheless the use case seems to be something like handling favorites. For the FPM Search UIBB this would usually be realized with saved searches in a single UI: You have one search attribute for the key as input field - which may have F4. If the user has picked special values relevant for her/him, she/he could store them as saved search which are available as drop down on the top. But maybe you use case is different in detail.

Regards, Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

Even we have similar requirement. Can you please throw some light how  you acheived this.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of the search GUIBB, I made use of a freestyle UIBB.

I have created a select-option screen in the freestyle webdynpro component by using the WD_SELECT_OPTION_20 standard component. This standard component will trigger an event 'ON_ENTER' upon selecting any entry in the drop down list.

Declare an event handler in the select option view controller for this event and write your respective code there.

Thanks,

Ajith