cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Cost entitlement in Travel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In TM, Based on the employee group can we limit the Estimated cost an employee can give in Travel request.

And If an employee is planning for Travel more than a limit, then the system will not allow to create the request.

Is this possible.?

Regards,

Namsheed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Namsheed,

Follow the path : IMG > Financial Accounting (New) > Travel Management > Travel Expenses > Travel Expense Types > Define Maximum Rates and Default Values for Expense Types.

Or, Maintain table in V_T706B1- Define Maximum Rates and Default Values for Expense Types as below:

Trip Provision Variant : 40

Travel Exp Type : AIRF

Trip Type S :

Trip Type E :

Activity :

Trip Country : IN

Trip Region :

RGrp M/A Stat : All EE

RGrp M/A Entp : ALL EE

Amount Type : Defaultvalue

Currency : INR

Default/Max. Value : 5000

For example -  Default Maximum amount is – Rs. 1000 for accommodation

Start Date: 01.01.2014 , End date: 01.01.2014

When you enter 5500 amount, the system will throw an error saying that amount exceeded more than the Maximum entitlement amount. However you need to maintain the error message for exceeding maximum amount or as per the client requirement.

Also, you have to maintain IT0017 for the same where you can restrict the Eligibility in the tab "EE GRP Expense Type".

Thanks'

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

Thanks a lot for giving the detail answer. But I need some clarifications

This error will comes only when we fill the expense amount right.? In my case, when an employee creating a travel request, there will options to give information like start date, end date, destinations, advances, Estimated cost, travel services etc..

Here, in advances & Estimated cost, Is it possible to give any entitlements..??

Not during the settlements.

Thanks,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed,

As far I understand your requirement, you can better start  from the transaction TRIP where you can enter the advances and , so the request will be created with status "Request Recorded"  and after completing the payment for advances or when the employee comes back from the trip,  the expenses can be created from PR05 (not as a new expense report. You can select the trip and click on create, so that it will prompt for the schema).

SPRO -> FI Travel Management--> Travel Expenses --> Dialog and Travel Expenses Control --> Define Schema and Individual  Field control

Regards'

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

Thanks for your reply.

In my case, I cannot create request from TRIP as employees will be creating from ESS. But its fine, I will convince the customer that is not possible in SAP.

Regards,

Namsheed.