cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJI3 not geeting updated against project stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have project stock for a considerable amount against particular WBS (In Crores )

This Project stock is not reflecting in CJI3 .

Problem is We had used upload Program for Project stock update and now it seems it didn't update CJI3 dependent table (COVP i think).

How to correct the entries in CJI3 ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using Valuated or Non-Valuated Project Stock?  With Valuated Stock the costs do not hit the WBS until they are issued to the WBS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please check that during 412Q which G/L was picked , is it an inventory G/L? What is the type of G/L , P & L or B/S a/c?

For the cost to hit the project, it should be a P&L account.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi 

Message was edited by: ksv

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The 412Q is a transfer posting from Plant Stock to Project Stock.  This is not a Goods Issue to the WBS, you have only moved the stock into a WBS Stock Segment.  If you look at the accounting document it will show a debit and credit to the same Balance Sheet inventory account.  The value of the inventory still sits on the Balance Sheet.

When you post a Goods Issue movement you will credit the B/S inventory account and debit the P&L expense account to the WBS.  Then it will show up as an expense to the WBS.

This is how Valuated Project Stock works.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Selected balance sheet items can be seen in PS Info System and Valuated Project Stock is one of them.  It is updated under statistical cost element of category 90.

Regards,

Paulo

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, they can set up statistical cost elements to match Balance Sheet accounts.   It is useful for reporting.  It is "replaced" when the real Goods Issue takes place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If stock is WBS stock  should it consume that amount of Budget.?

System is not consuming the budget for project stock.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No budget will be consumed because of how you created the stock using a 561.  If it had been purchased through a PO, the PO commitment would have used up some of the budget.

Conversion is always tricky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I beg to differ from you If a stock is project stock (412Q) it will consume Budget , initial stock (561) will not have Budget Consumed .

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not believe a transfer posting will consume budget for Valuated Project Stock. 

FYI, you could have posted a 561Q initially and skipped the 412Q transfer.

From your original problem statement the system is operating properly.  You will see costs on the WBS when you post the GI such as 221Q.

Former Member
0 Kudos
kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are you showing here?  Looks like you are showing CJI3 from the 412Q posting?  Your initial problem statement said it was not showing, so I am confused.

Did you create Type 90 Cost Elements for the Balance sheet inventory accounts? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue is resolved SAP suggested to follow note 178837.

Thank you all.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try CJEN.

PK

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KSV,

Have you tried executing tcodes like S_ALR_87013558 to confirm whether the values are updated.

Have you checked in tables RPSCO / COSS / COSP.

CJI3 will display cost line items based on cost elements. Normally CJI3 will display the cost, but there is some thing wrong. In case if you feel this is an issue, raise a OSS Note to SAP.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ksv,

I guess the issues seems to be with movement type 412.

May be use movement 415.

I am not sure how much this resolves your issue, please discuss with MM consultant. Refer below note for additional information.

536893 - Composite SAP Note Stock transfers in material ledger

Regards

Terence

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am bit lost on scenario here, for me the transfer from Unrestricted stock to Project stock is BS to BS account, so no P&L at all.  Your material accounts must be defined as cost elements type 90 to reflect in Controlling.

BR,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I stand corrected it is BS account Only.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And did you checked that you have cost elements created to BS Material accounts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message was edited by: ksv ksv

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

CJI3 report is for displaying actual cost and check what movement you have used by uploading program. if the that is issue to project/wbs then cji3 will display that amount in report.

check also stock is that valuate or non valuated as ken suggested above.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked its valuated only. Used