C4C : how does outlook connector work?
I'm new here and my enterprise is looking for using C4C over its own ERP.
I search for technical documentations about the outlook connector and how it works, to see if it's compliant with my firm security policy.
Unfortunately I don't find what I want, so I still have many questions: how can the outlook heavy client on the user personal desktop synchronize its data with C4C ?
- Does it go through the Exchange central server ?
- If yes which impacts on the central service? Shall we deploy something specific ?
- Is it a direct and independant flow between the personal desktop and C4C ?
- Which protocol / port ? Can it be encrypted ?
- How is the user authenticated on outlook concerning the connector part ?
- How his rights are checked to get only relied data ?
- Is there a deported authentication possibility through the connector?
- Can the user's token on C4C be reused for the outlook connector? Shall the user re-enter his user/pass even if he is still connected to C4C?
- Who does between the two nodes initiate synchronizations ? Both ?
Thanks in advance for your answers.