cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to have single filter instead of 3 filters (input is same for 3 filters but data is diffrent)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

can you please guide me i am using 3 filters that reflecting 3 graphs with different data,

i want to use 1 filter instead of 3 filters,if we select in 1st filter  same input should pass to reaming 2 filters

data is different for 2 graphs but selection is same.

please find below attaches screen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member211423
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

You can achieve this by mapping all your queries filter to same cell say Sheet1$A1 and In usage tab of Connection , Use Refresh on trigger of cell Sheet1$A1 , and refresh on open.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

If you are using BI 4.0 SP4 or higher version,you can connect through the Query Browser to the Bex Query.Add 3 queries in the Query Browser which all the queries contains the same prompt filed.Take Query prompt selector ,while selecting the properties select all 3 queries in the Refresh Queries option as below.

Hope it helps to your scenario.

Best Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Naresh,

Use combox and use filtered rows as property

make use two more comboboxes and make them hidden .

property of combobox should be set as follows

under behaviour tab

select type as dynamic

item: map to the first combobox destination .

then its work fine and chart data gets displayed.

Regards

sushma

xjhacking
Contributor
0 Kudos

Where is your data coming from? Has every chart its own separate data source? Do you use connections or the query browser? You can use prompts/filters in that case. The Filter component can provide the filter value for all connections.

Otherwise, if all data is in the spreadsheet, you should do some rearranging within the spreadsheet so your filter component can use the three separate data sets as one big data set.

/Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Xavier,

thanks for reply i am using bex query sap connection

we have 3 types of graphs  and each graph have different data, but filters should be same for each graphs,

can you please guide me how to proceed with this requirement.

xjhacking
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

So you have three separate SAP NetWeaver BW Connections in the Data Manager, or are you using the Query Browser?

In the Definition tab of the data manager, you can bind the filter value(s) (that result from the selection the users makes with the filter component) to a characteristic in the BEx Query. This is in the Input Values area. You can bind to the same spreadsheet cell(s) from each SAP NetWeaver BW connection.

/Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Can you try Filtered Rows functionality?

Regards,
Fazith Ali Z

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Fazith,

thanks for reply i tried with option also, can you please guide me with step by any note or videos