Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESG for time Quota different for different categories for a location

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Please let me know if my understanding is correct or not in below scenerio:

For a particular Location (Personnel subarea), we have different categories of employees such as Regular staff, Contract, Trainees, Expats, etc.

All categoies have different leave entitlement, counting/rounding rules, policy. Initially I gave ESG for time quota field as 1 for all. But I think to split it as 1 for Regular staff, 2 for Contract, 3 for trainees , 4 for Expats and so on to meet all Leave rules standards.

Will there be any impact for doing this activity.?

Need expert advises on it.  Hope my understanding is correct as ESG/PSG grouping are backbone of Time Mgmt in SAP HCM.

Regards,

Niladri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri,

The ESG and PSG setting for quota configuration depends on yr client requirement only. If you find yr client requirement is depends on personnel area and sub area basis then go ahead with PSG grping setting. Let's say u've two location like Plant and HO. As per the location basis u've different quota allocation to both the location.Next you can think about ESG grouping details, if you find that on employee grp and subgrp level there is further segregation of absence quota allocation then you can use the ESG grouping setting to catter the requirements.

In my last project(Implementation) I used almost seven ESG groupings.

Thanks,

Santosh

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh  for your immediate response

In my case I've almost 40 PSG  and each having 5-6 ESG . I think I've to take all combinations of ESG and PSG to meet 12 different types of leave categories.

Regards,

Niladri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri,

R u in BBP phase? Please plan it properly take all possible combination(PSG and ESG) so that there will be no issue in later stage.

Thanks,

Santosh

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

BBP is just signed off.  However any changes now will be part of Annexures/CR.

I am designing the solution, keeping all process in mind.

Regards,

Niladri