cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable Screen not coming while passing default values in variables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using BI7.0 and Bex 7.0 and CRM 7.0 version.

We designed a query in Bex Query Designer.In that Query We having characteristics variables which are ready for input from user end.

We have also passed Default values in Variable.

We have added the report in CRM WebUI portal.

Issue is that:-

While executing the report from portal variable screen does not appear.

But when we remove the default values of  Variables in Bex Query Designer then variable screen appear in report for user input.

But we want variable screen should appear while passing default values in variable also.

Please guide us.

Thanks & Regards,

Arpit Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

If you are passing default values to all variables , then it will bypass the variable screen pop-up and will directly give the result.

If you have any empty variable which you are not filling with default value you can make that variable as Mandatory Variable in query designer.

Making the empty variable as mandatory will force the variable screen to come up.

Also please check in transaction code in BW backend system "RSCUSTV27" , and check for for AdHoc Analysis what entry is maintained.

If entry is blank , then the default template properties used for query is taken from 0analysis_pattern template or if any other template is maintained , please goto Web Application Designer and open the template maintained in RSCUSTV27.

Please goto properties of web template and check for parameter "VARIABLE_SCREEN".

If this is set to OFF , please turn it "ON".

Regards,

Amit
'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit ,

I am using Bex Quey designer, not using  WAD .

As you said above"If you are passing default values to all variables , then it will bypass the variable screen pop-up and will directly give the result."

that is correct ,exactly same is happening with me.

But I want when passing default values then also Variable screen should appear.

Could you provide any solution for that.

Thanks & Regards,

Arpit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

If you pass all the variable values in query as default then system assumes that there is no entry to be made in variable selection and directly gives the result.

By passing default values it means that you want data for those values only.

But if you want to change any values for the particular variable then don't give this as default and make this variable as mandatory variable so that other variables are prefilled and you can fill the value for this empty mandatory variable when variable screen comes up.

You are running query , but query uses properties from web-template during execution which is maintained in RSCUSTV27.

Please also check my recommendation regarding RSCUSTV27.

Regards,

Amit

sapna_jgurudutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

Can you please refer the following SAP KBA Note and check whether it helps you:

1671767 - BEX Variable Screen not showing via portal

When all the mandatory variables are filled the variable screen, by default, does not appear.

If you want to always have the variable screen, even with the variables
already filled, they must use the VARIABLE_SCREEN=X parameter.

Thanks & Regards,

Sapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I just want to know where I have to apply change parameter VARIABLE_SCREEN=X.

Regards,

Arpit.

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

In T Code RSRT....

Choose the report Execution mode as HTML.

and hard code VARIABLE_SCREEN=X in the below Open blank Screen.

rgds

SVU

sapna_jgurudutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

Can you please check at runtime by adding &VARIABLE_SCREEN=X at the end of the URL for the report (where the problem is occurring) and check whether it helps you.

Thanks & Regards,

Sapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

I checked the same in RSRT ,parameter VARIABLE_SCREEN=X already there.

Could you further guide me.

Thanks & Regards,

Arpit.

sapna_jgurudutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

Can you please clarify regarding whether the following which I mentioned here is helpful as it is not clear:

"Can you please check at runtime by adding &VARIABLE_SCREEN=X at the end of the URL for the report (where the problem is occurring) and check whether it helps you."

Thanks & Regards,

Sapna

ravi_chandra3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi arpit,

Please once check whether the variable popup screen is coming in rsrt.

and also are u using WAD ?

If yes, then there is an option under behaviour called display variable. Enable that option.

Hope u got it,

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

Does the problem only occur in the Portal?

Please check the query in the BW backend with t/code RSRT and see if the variable pops up here.

Best regards,

Sander