cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in .class file in imported archive ESR - after upload using eclipse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

My requirement here is too change existing java mapping. Here I am exporting zip file from imported archive and after making changes in eclipse upload the .JAR file again. Here .class file is not opening after upload in Imported Archive.

Error is

Setup I am having on my system.

-> JDK version on my system JDK 1.6_34

-> JRE on my system – JRE 6

-> Using eclipse SDK 4.2.2

SAP PI servers settings.

I searched online blogs but no help. Can anybody guide me what wrong am I doing here?

Thanks.

Sumeet.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amankumarmangla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sumeet,

Did you solve this issue? I am facing exactly the same problem in viewing .class file as an Imported Archive in PI.

Requesting your kind help here.

Thanks,

Aman

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

The problem with the JDK version,

Your PI JDK is : 1.5

Eclipse JDK is 1.6.

Meaning the you compile the code in 1.5 and imported in PI (1.6) , run the code in 1.6 JRE.

So make sure compile the code in 1.5 and imported in to PI ESR.

Action required: you can change the JDK version in eclipse (the same place in your eclipse screenshot) and compile it and import it into PI ESR.

amankumarmangla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Mani. This solved the issue for me.

My PI was on JDK 1.6 and Eclipse on 1.7

Regards,

Aman

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't open .class files. If you have uploaded the .java files you can see that code.

However your mapping should work once you activate the mappings. Did you test end-end?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hareesh,

I activated the imported archive and tested the mapping in ESR. But mapping getting failed due to same error for .class file.

However other .class files are getting opened in ESR. Right now I don't have access to test it end to end.

Your view?

Thanks.

Sumeet.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Sumeet. I wasn't clear in my previous reply.

You can open the class files but you won't be able to read the java code. It just displays the methods in it.

>>>I activated the imported archive and tested the mapping in ESR. But mapping getting failed due to same error for .class file.

Make sure that there are no compilation errors and recompile the program.

If you have used any external jar files, make sure that you have included them in the archive before importing into ESR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply..Hareesh.

-> In Eclipse only 1 warning is coming and no error. I guess Eclipse automatically compile .class file. Is there any way in eclipse to see if compilation is done properly?

-> I imported few external JAR files and already few JAR files are there in Eclipse(JRE1.6), as shown in fig below. Which JAR file is being user? How can I make sure?

-> When using Run as option I am not getting any option. Is it normal or did I have to activate some option?

Please give your views on this.

Thanks.

Sumeet.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see any external jar files in your project.

Yes. By default automatic build is enabled in eclipse.   Not sure what is wrong with your archive file.

You can try below approach and see if it displays the byte code properly.

How do I display Java bytecode? - Web Tutorials - avajava.com