Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Send mail for PO Approval - Workflow.

Hi All,

I am a newbie in workflow and have got a requirement for sending mail to approve PO (Multiple Approval) when PO is created.  The mail content and subject for the mail would be fetched from SO10. I found from SWEL that the worflow triggered is WS20000075. I am planing to take a copy of the standard workflow WS20000075 (not sure if i need to create a new workflow) and delegate the business object BUS2012 and create the method inside it.  Now what i want to understand is

1. How do i get the list of approvers in the workflow.

2. how do i get the SO10 value in the subject of the mail?

Br,

Kalpesh.

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

I have no idea how you are eventually going to send the email. Most probably you will need to develop your own method for this part. So I would add the logic for reading the text from SO10 to the same code that actually sends the email. So, yes, you need to develop a custom method for at least some of the functionality. Whenever you need to add some custom code to the solution, you need to do the delegation etc. to create custom method. (Well, you can also just create a new class with SE24, add IF_WORKFLOW interface to it, and add your coding to a static method, and then call this method from your workflow/task. This might be a good approach if you are not that familiar with the business objects.)

Regards,

Karri

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question