cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in employee to be showed in MSS Section

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am portal admin.I am really confused how to go up with this issue.Anyone provide me the solution

The issue is – when an employee is transferred to a new Leader, there is a delay in that Leader being able to see the employee in his/her Home section of MSS. We have had a few users experience this issue, where it takes several days for the new employee to appear. I originally assigned this ticket to portal team to understand from them why there is a delay in portal being refreshed with back-end data changes..

the user are having correct back-end roles and everything

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala,

the issue is different here.I will explain briefly.let me know if any one can provide me the solution

the employee raju was transferred to different location. so his manager will be changed. so hr people are changing in the back end

the issue is

The issue is – when an employee is transferred to a new Leader, there is a delay in that Leader being able to see the employee in his/her Home section of MSS

in team section, the manager can see his employee immediately after the changes have been done

but in Home section, the manager  cant able to see immediately. He can able to see after 15 to 20 days

this is for many users

Can any one can provide me info related to portal

Please keep a note

We have alysenad in the back end and see everyting is set up properly with repect to the position, organizational assignment, managers relationship and date validity.
Even the user roles are correct and validity is also right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The report RPTMC_INDEX_EE_PIC_URL_TO_INDX will actually buffer the urls of photos so that the team view loads faster in MSS(every time it does not have to hit content server). Even if you do not hold photos the report will buffer the url of default male/female photo(silhouette)

1677344 - Poor performance when reading the photo URLs 

If you use the report RPTMC_INDEX_EE_PIC_URL_TO_INDX as a job to update the URLs in the buffer, you must update the index of the table T77TMCPIC_URLS after you execute the report for the first time; this enables optimized data access. You can use the Database Utility tool to do this (call transaction SE11 and choose "Utilities -> Database Utility"). Choose 'Activate and adjust database' with the 'Save data' option.

the above is the information which is there in the note 1677344 ...i think u can achieve it by following  that note or else wait for some other experts reply they might be help u more than me ....after doing all click on refresh button as there in ur screen shot so that it refresh the photos

1953873  -  REFER THIS NOTE ALSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want you to explain the scenario once again

the employee kkkk was transferred to new manager rajesh

rajesh have to see this employee kkk in his mss home page

he is able to see kkkk in his section.  But not immediately after a long time

What we can check from portal end

Am I clear .Please let me know what can i check from portal end

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then u have to do one thing when you run transfer action from PA40  in background RPTMC_INDEX_EE_PIC_URL_TO_INDX this should be immediately updated or run after performing pa40 transfer action ....take technical person help in doing this task

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it be done in portal end or ecc end or HR  END

where can i find  RPTMC_INDEX_EE_PIC_URL_TO_INDX in portal

can you brief me something regarding this and may i know why this happens

what can i do from my portal end. Technical person  mean you mean HR GUY

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is to be done in HR END ...in se38 t code u can find and in that note u can see the whole process