Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic safety stock Calculation

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want system to calculate the  safety stock based on forecast and maintain 60 days average daily consumption as my safety stock.Is any option is available ?

I have done customization of MRP type with automatic safety stock calculation.

In standard system calculates Safety stock based on (MAD * SQRT (Lead time /Forecast period) * R ) .But I want to maintain 60 days average daily consumption (from forecast ) as my safety stock,

Please suggest me.

Regards,

Velmurugan S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vel,

You can use Coverage Profile for this. Maintain the Range of coverage profile using t-code OMIA and then assign the coverage profile in the material master MRP2 view.

Please read this thread:

Kind Regards,

Mariano

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mariano,

Thanks for the reply . OMIA is for dynamic safety stock calculation not for automatic Safety Stock. I need system to set the Safety stock as 60 days average daily consumption from forecast.

Regards,

Velmurugan S

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vel,

Sorry.. you are right. I misunderstood your initial question.

For Automatic Safety Stock, the system considers the Service Level using the following parameters:

• R = Relationship between forecast accuracy and service level (Service Factor) 
  • W = Delivery time (in days) / Forecast Period (in days) 
  • MAD = Mean absolute deviation (parameter for forecast accuracy)  

Safety Stock = R x W x MAD  

I don't think you can do what you want using Automatic Safety Stock. In you case, if Coverage Profile can not be used, I would create a program to calculate the Safety Stock value and then update

the material master with the result.

Kind Regards,

Mariano