Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0PA_C01 extra line items or records...

former_member189979
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have been using Standard InfoCube: 0PA_C01 with Custom DSO and two standard DataSources (0HR_PA_0 and 0HR_PA_1). My data flow is as follow: DataSource:1 and 2:-->InfoSource1 and 2-->Custom DSO-->InfoCube. I had been using this InfoCube for last year or so. A week ago, I got a new requirement to fetch a new field from SAP ERP (Person block/lock) into BW. I successfully fetched the required field into DataSource: 0HR_PA_1 by adding to its "Append Structure". But during reporting I found that I have new Action Type which is blank and I found that some extra line items or records in BW for different Personnel Number, which I had not found in SAP ERP or in RSA3. Please find below screen shot:

1. Like in the above screen shot against "Personnel Number 149" there are two entries in BW for the same Fiscal Period or Calendar Year/Month. I'm unable to diagnose the cause of entry?

2. How to fix the problem? I have reloaded data as well?

3. In above screen shot one entry is with Action type and other is with blank Action Type why there is it so?

I will appreciate your reply.

Many thanks!!!

Tariq Ashraf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183334
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq...

the issue arriases  from Transformation mapping check with 2 data sources and do re-transformation .

may be help you

regards

Sathya.

mohd_abdullah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess the record in the underlying DSO of that cube will have only one line for the above selection(149) as DSO overwrites the data which is not the case with the cube.

I think you need to drop all the data of the cube and load it again from the DSO .

Regards.

former_member189979
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abdullah,

Thank you so much for your reply. The underlying DSO is having same records, please see below screen shot:

1. What should I do to resolve and identify the issue?

Many thanks!!!

Tariq Ashraf

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tariq,

Its clear from your transformation that calendar day is mapped only 0HR_PA_1 and because calendar day is a key it is giving 2 lines.

The first record where you see calendar day is blank is from 0HR_PA_0 and the one which has calendar day is from HR_PA_1. Due to the key issue its is giving 2 lines. you have to move the calendar day and action type from key to data field if you want the data to come in one line

But it doesn't matter if you are getting the data in 2 lines in the DSO (which is actually correct ).

Regards

Gajesh

mohd_abdullah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq,

The issue is with the calander day as key in the DSO as stated by Mr.Nagesh.

Regards.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tariq,

For analysis

1) hows your DSO data structured. I mean how are you brining in both HR_PA_1 & 0 data together in the custom. In normal cases there will be 2 records for an employee for a month - 1 from HR_PA_0 and 1 from HR_PA_1 ( depends on whether any action type was run for that employee in that month)

2) When you reloaded are you getting this 2 lines in the DSO as well. There can be cases tht the blank one is loaded long back before all the logic was set

Regards

Gajesh

former_member189979
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ganesh,

1. Thank you so much for your reply. Following are the screen shots of transformations of DataSources 0HR_PA_0 and 0HR_PA_1 with DSO.

2. Following is the screen shot of DSO with Person Num: 149 having two entries for same period:

3. I'm still unable to analyse problem and resolve it, please do advise me?

Many thanks!!!

Tariq Ashraf