cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

key and text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I had created one flow and i had loaded to psa and dso and also loaded master data and now after loading to dso i am having say example 0material i am getting only key and if i want text for that 0material how it could be displayed at dso level .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Text information of master data is stored in "Text" table of corresponding master data infoobject usually it being referred when a user tries to report on text in Bex query.

It is recommended to load master data of transaction data records as keys rather than text to enable multidimensional reporting once the data is loaded to infocubes.

However please mention specific reason for this requirement this would help to suggest further.

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ashish

Thanks for your reply actually we want to see particular texts for some of the material

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry still fail to understand the reason, can you please be more specific in terms of business requirement.

If this is for some test purpose or an explanation how this text information is going to be used.

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

I had resolved the issue by checking master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BI there are different kinds of data. Master data, Text data, Hierarchical data and Transnational data.

If you have idea about extended star schema then it is easy to understand concept of master data and transnational data.

Transnational data deals only with primary key. Master data contains Attributes, primary key,Text and hierarchical data.

Thanks

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Display behavior of master data is different between backend (e.g. display InfoProvider data) and front-end (e.g. BEx Query Designer). The display settings of the Characteristic can be set on the BEx tab (e.g. key and text). This will be the default setting in the Query Designer or front-end tool. It can be overwritten in the Query Designer.

In the backend however, you will only the master data key. In your example only Material number.

Best regards,

Sander

former_member210253
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u have loaded tx data to DSO and master data to Iobj, then u can see only keys in DSO level but u can see text at query level.

If u want to have text at DSO level, while loading tx data to DSO, lookup master data and stamp text also in the DSO.

Regards,

Babu.