cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional information in query beside data table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'd like to know if it is possible to display additional information in a BEx Query beside the data table.

I have a strict structure which may not be changed but I also want to display further information to the data.

I want to show the user which calday and which data-version are selected (provided by MultiProvider).

I though about something like a new textfield you can create in designmode in queries but automatically integradet through the Querya Designer.

For illustration following screenshots:

Well this is my plain Query which my not be changed:

Now I want to show additional information making my query look like this (right below the information button):

I inserted the text with help of the designingmode

Is it possible to add this information by default and not manually so you have this everytime you open the query (remind that I need this information from MultiProvider and not from filters).

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards

Matthias

Edit:

I alredy found out that I could create a worksheet and a second query to display the requested data.

But I' still ike to know if it is possible without this "workaround"!

Message was edited by: Matthias Fischer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that using worksheets is the normal way to present data with analyzer.

You may use all functionality that you have while displaying data in query and in addition a lot of ms excel functionalities can be used.

I always create a workbook for any report I do.

I wouldn't call it a workaround.

Regards, Leszek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I just hoped to avoid a second query.

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

It's not possible to configure that in the BEx Query Designer. It can usually be configured in the front-end tool, e.g. BusinessObjects Analysis in the workbook or BEx Web Application Designer in the web template.

Best regards,

Sander