cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI5 in SAP WebIDE and Eclipse

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thing is that SAP has also introduced SAPWebIDE.

So a question comes in my mind that what are the basic difference (adv/disadv) to develop UI5 application in SAP WebIDE and Eclipse(Kepler,Luna)?

Thanks,

Darshan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Darshan,

• Web IDE(earlier RDE) is very time saving. In Web IDE, you have readymade templates for Fiori like apps, with master and detail view. For extending Fiori app, you can directly import the service from gateway and start developing.

• Whereas in eclipse you have to create manually the whole design.

In web ide, you just select the parameters from the drop down and you can place it in the desired places in the app page. The properties should exist in the service that's all.

In a way it is very easy and user friendly to use web ide.

For starting with eclipse based application, you will have to do many installations like tomcat apache server, UI5 libraries addon, eclipse that too many versions Juno, kepler based on your system 32 bit or 64 bit.

For web ide, you just need to either connect to HANA cloud platform or can access from a 64bit system. No need to install tools.

Web ide is a browser based tool.

For Fiori extension from UI. just import the standard code in Web IDE. In the layout just check the enhancement areas. Click and find the enhancemnt points and it will show you . From the drop down just select, if you want a text field, label, or new row.

Its just simple and a useful tool.

Free Public Trial

You can access SAP Web IDE from the SAP HANA Cloud Platform website - free of charge!  The Getting Started documentation will guide you through your first steps.

For more details and videos. Visit :

Best regards,

Tejas

0 Kudos

Hey,

Tejas it simply means working with WebIDE is much easier and save my time.

"you have ready made templates for Fiori like apps, with master and detail view. For extending Fiori app, you can directly import the service from gateway and start developing."

Is there any limitation with WebIDE against eclipse? I mean if we want to change Templates according to our way Can we change it? Cause you said ready made templates available so only available template i can use.

I have seen through templates of it. What if we want to make template like in this picture. Can we make it?   I mean any kind of design experince according to our way?

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can make custom templates as well. Or you can follow the code based approach like you do in eclipse.

You can design.

Regards,

Tejas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Darshan,

Both are IDEs, it's your choice which IDE to use for development.

Web IDE lets you rapidly design, develop, build and deploy SAPUI5 based apps. It has a growing set of tools covering the end to end process. SAP Web IDE outweigh Eclipse in terms of SAPUI5 app development tools. You can find it's features here:Web IDE features and free trial .

Recently support for hybrid mobile app development was added in Web IDE: Develop Hybrid App with Camera using SAP Web IDE

Another difference is that SAP Web IDE is not free.

Regards, Midhun

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

0 Kudos

Hey Midhun.

Luckily i have seen your video in YouTube just yesterday night. [ Web IDE: Develop Hybrid App with Camera using SAP Web IDE ]. It was really amazing lol your selfiee too.

I just installed WebIDE now in my local system. Hope it has no expiry date.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There is no expiry date for webIDE local installation.

Midhun's video is not related to WebIDE local installation, its Hybrid App Toolkit add-on with Web IDE cloud.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Darshan,

I would suggest you to use the cloud version of SAP Web IDE instead of local installation since the updates to local installation will not be quick when compared to cloud version. Ex. the hybrid toolkit is not available for local installation now, so you can't develop hybrid apps using local installation of Web IDE.

Regards, Midhun

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG