cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up a secondary database connection to hana with SLT default schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys:

We configured SLT through t-code "LTR", as tutorials shows, we had an schema like "DEFAULT_SCHEMA" in hana named from "LTR" configuration name.

Then how can we set up a secondary database connection from ECC by schema "DEFAULT_SCHEMA" through t-code "DBACOCKPIT". The only thing I know, is the dbco would only achieve the schema named the same as the user named in hana.

I'm not sure if I had describe the issue clearly with my poor English, but still hope you guys can help me to solve this.

Best Regard

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhishek_singh11
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Steps to be followed:

1. Please add the HANA Hostname to /etc/host in ECC System.
  2. Configure HANA Secondary database connection via DBCO with the schema user as mentioned in LTR.
  3. Once you login to HANA with the default schema user, you will be prompted to change the default password.
  4. After changing the password, the replication will stop as there will be a mismtach in password in HANA as well as DBCO. Re-enter the changed password in DBCO and you are good to go.

Steps are straight forward. Hope this helps !!!

Thanks Much,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek:

Thanks much for your reply.

I changed password for the default schema user and re-enter the changed password in DBCO, the connection works perfectly(thanks again).

But the mismatch you mentioned come across, the Running Transfer Jobs goes to 0, and the default user deactivated as the reason "Too many invalid connection attempt".

By the way, I used SYSTEM as the administration user in configuration of SLT.

Best regard

Ryan

abhishek_singh11
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Steps to change password in HANA and replicate in DBCO.

1. Open HANA Studio.

2. Stop LTR.

3. Goto System User Schema -> Catalog -> Authorization -> User (Check whether User has been created). Set its password.

4. Right Click on System User Schema and click “Add Additional User”

5. It prompts for a password change once you enter username and password.

6. Change password in DBCO of SLT.

7. Restart LTR.

Thanks Much,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

Thanks a lot for your help.

It works perfect for me, I notice that SLT connect to hana by dbco just now.

Best Regard

Ryan

Answers (0)