cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outline Agreement field Greyed out When PO put on hold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have made Outline Agreement Field as mandatory field and when the user creates PO it is sometimes that user does not know the Outline agreement, so the user saves the PO with error i.e. puts the po on hold.

When the user again goes and wants to give the Agreement No. the field is actually greyed out where it is not allowing to enter the value.

Please let us know how we can achieve this.

Regards

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RobynCouch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi

What did you do to make the outline agreement field mandatory?

Thanks

Robyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have used ABAP i.e. User Exit to make that field mandatory.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why you need to make the field as mandatory via user exit as you can make it via Define Screen Layout at Document Level.

I have tested that scenario and I can enter the outline agreement after putting the PO on hold.

You may can check the field selection of AKTV.

RobynCouch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Define Screen Layout at Document Level in the SPRO transaction.

You could've used this to make the field mandatory instead of using ABAP and a user exit.  It's a bit complex but the documentation is pretty good.

I would suggest starting with the AKTH and AKTV field selection keys but which ones would be relevant really depends on your business requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have already developed that solution of making field mandatory but in my system when i am creating the PO with account assignment as K and Item category as D the field Outline Agreement is open for input but when all other fields which are required are filled after that the field Outline Agreement is automatically turning to Grey and restricting for input.

I ahve also checked AKTV, AKTH and NBF which is mapped with the Docuemnt Type of my PO.

Please let me know if there is any other configuration is required.

I have also attached a screen shot of PO while creating PO.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you are using item category D, that because system is behaving correctly.

After enter a service line item, system will not allow you to use the reference of contract for PO line item whether you have to use the reference of contract to create a service line item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are saying correct which i have even tested without entering the data in fields for service line.

But can you please explain why system behaves like this i.e. once Service Line Item is maintained system does not allow to enter any reference to Outline Agreement.

Regards

Aditya Jain

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its because system will prefer the "Service Selection" option as reference once you will maintain a line item.

Answers (0)