cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of WebElements WEIframe with OpenDs,oc

david_grimwood2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have developed a report, Report A, that consists of a number of webelement parameters that will pass to another report, Report B, and display in an Iframe on the Report A. Everything works as expected when in BI launchpad, however when using opendoc only the iframe and Report B is displayed.

Am I missing something or should this work?

Using CR2013 and BOXI 4.1 sp1.

Regard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi David,

in past versions of the bi platform this should have worked.

in particular if you create an opendocument link that targets Report A, and this opendocument link also includes default parameter values for all parameters on Report A, then Report A should open up and you should see Report B inside.

ensure that you're using webelements 247 in both reports. also please note that not much testing for webelements was done for 4.1 so there could be issues.

-jamie

david_grimwood2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Jamie,

Thanks for the reply. I am indeed using 2.47 in both reports. Do you have any plans to do more development of WebElements to get around this issue or is it something I will have to live with?

Regards,

David

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi David,

there are no immediate update plans for this.

can you send me both of your reports just so i can have a look at how you're implementing the functions? they don't have to have saved data.

also, can you please describe in a lot more detail what you mean by "when using opendoc only the iframe and Report B is displayed."   and supply screenshots or better yet a recording of what's happening.

you can send the above mentioned reports and recording to my personal email which is in my profile.

-jamie