Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Intelligence (4.1) 0CALMONTH2 prompt issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!

Im having a problem in Web Intelligence,

Im using "Month" (0CALMONTH2) in the query filters as a "between" prompt (Month From: And Month To:).

At the moment I run the query and select for example:

Month From: JAN Month To: MAR.

The query returns information for: JAN, JUL, JUN and MAR

Also if I use the "Month Key" Instead of "Month" and select From 1 to 3; the query returns information for 1,2,3,10,11,12 (January, February, March, October, November, December)

This issue doesnt happen using the object "Month TechName" and neither by using "In List" instead of "Between".

Is there a way to workaround this issue (using "between" and the name or number of the month instead of the TechName)?

Thanks in advance!!

Arturo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member59613
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arturo,

It sounds like between operator is not taking into account that these are months and is doing the between on the literal strings.  For the Keys, it almost looks like it is treating these as strings as well.

I remember this being a known issue in XI 3.1 and it was resolved about 4 years ago.  Perhaps it has resurfaced in BI 4.1 with BICS access.  XI 3.1 used MDX/UNV access as you may know so these are quite different.

Might be worth opening an incident with support.  If you can open your SAP Router connection and supply a query support can test with, this can quickly be investigated.

Thanks

Jb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan

First of all thanks for your answer,

Actually the user is using universes built in the universe designer not in the IDT. Have you faced this problem before?

Regards!!

former_member59613
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arturo,

The known issue that I did find was with a unv universe back in the XI 3.1 days.  It referenced an ADAPT that was fixed in XI 3.1 and was validated as "Fixed" in BI 4.0.  That means it *should* be fixed in BI 4.1.  That doesn't mean it IS fixed there though.  Sometimes regressions can occur.

I would suggest opening an incident with Product Support to get this reported as a defect.  Might be worth trying this with a BICs based Webi document too and seeing if it works in there. 

If you can open an incident, reference KBA 1531212 (it is marked internal so you won't be able to see it on the site) but that should lead the support engineer to the right information internally to investigate this further.

Hope this helps,

Jb

former_member59613
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey again,

I did find another KBA that says this is by design.  As the 0CALMONTH is a CHAR type, Between does a lexicographic match on it.

KBA 1631177 - Filtering on a range of calmonth/year

you can use the InList operator instead. Or use a DATE type object to do your prompting instead.

Thanks

Jb

former_member59613
Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, there is another KBA 1614245 that states that BICS may be able to use the Between operator.  Might be worth a try too.