cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending mail to gmail from sap PO7.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SAP PI7.40 java single stack and I configured file to email where I tried to send mail to gmail account and getting the below mail.

Exception caught by adapter framework: Failed to call the endpoint

Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.srt.BubbleException: Failed to call the endpoint  [null "null"]; nested exception caused by: java.io.IOException: server does not support PLAIN or LOGIN authentication

Could you advice is there any basis or NWA set-up needs to be done to send mail to gmail? I am able to send mail to internal domain ID's successfully.

Thanks,

Dhill

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

Any other option to be enable looks like I need to do some configuration in email server. If I don't set any authentication in email receiver I am getting the below error.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.srt.BubbleException: Failed to call the endpoint  [null "null"]; nested exception caused by: java.io.IOException: server not responding OK to RCPT TO; 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay

But for the same mail server I could able to send external mail from ECC server. Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Dhill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil, What value you are passing in url parameter of your mail adapter, The reason you are able to send emails internally because your internal network smtp server is already allowed and configured in PO. AEX must be configured to send emails. To check this, go to NWA Configuration Infrastructure Java System Properties. Search for “Java MailClient” under tab “Services”. Check what value is set in property “mail.smtp.host”.

-Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

There is no value set for mail.smtp.host” and it is being given as Default value as " " and custom value as null.

But I did seen there is a value set for "mail.host" where it had been set as Defualt value as "localost" and custom value as "mail sever host name" I had given the same in mail adpater URL.

Could you advice what value I need to give to send mail to gmail or external ID? Under what property?

Appreciate your immediate response

Thanks,

Dhill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you configured the PO system as per the below blog for CBMA?

Basic Terms and Concepts - Administering Process Integration (PI) - SAP Library

Thanks,

Sudhansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhansu,

Gone through the link is it mandate to give the below details?

- mail.from  (This I had given the dummy mail ID)

- mail.smtp.host   (This parameter I already given)

- mail.smtp.password

- mail.smtp.user

Because without this parameter sending internal mail it is working fine. Any setup to do with mail server?

Thanks,

Dhill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the smtp host you are using allowed to trigger emails to external emails (out of network).

Network Firewalls. Please can you check that ?

AFAIK one way to check it is using the tcode (in ECC): se38 and execute the program  SXMSALERT_SEND_VIA_MAIL. My assumption is SAP ECC uses the same mailhost.

Thanks,

Sudhansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes! Our ECC is using the same mail server and they are able to send mails to gmail.

I tried to execute SXMSALERT_SEND_VIA_MAIL it is asking for distribution list. what distribution list I need to give?

Thanks,

Dhill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any other inputs to send mail to external ID?

Can anybody let me know any IP filtering needs to done in mail server if mail triggered from PO server?

Note: Our client using office365 mail server.

Thanks,

Dhill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try using by providing your userid and maintain the gmail address in your user id in tcode: su01.

Thanks,

Sudhansu