Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

negative gross and zero net pay but deduction wagetype still coming in RT

lokesh_sharma4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

If I have a negative earning in payroll period 01.2015 and I have an employee deduction in IT169 where I have defined priorities of deductions for arrear processing is defined as 5 (deduct everything or nothing) in table T51P6.

Now, whats happening is....the negative gross is going to claims wagetype, which I am fine with.

But IT169 employee deduction is also coming in RT with an oppositse sign. Which in turn is coming in payslip and is being interfaced to the Benefits vendor.

I have a work around for this, which I have done but how do I stop this wagetype from coming in RT.

Can I do anything with the priorities or any processing class in particular??

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Please check any custom rules that may be causing the issue that may be placed after the table T51P6 is being read in schema.

If there is nothing as such being read than please examine the below.

Can you please let me know the current priority of wage types being generated from IT0169.

You will need to check priority in table T51P6 and reduce it as suitable.

Also, make sure that the IT1069 deductions aren't from retro changes as then you will need to consider looking at retroactive characteristics of the wage type in table T51P6.

Thanks,

Ameet

lokesh_sharma4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ameet,

I have tried that too....it doesn't work with any of the combinations of t51p6 .

169 deductions are form current period.

Regards,

THomas

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Please check for any custom rules after function PRDNT in XPDD schema is causing the issue.

Changing priorities will give you better picture at end of PRDNT function when you run payroll and look for log for output from this function.

Thanks,

Ameet

lokesh_sharma4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ameet,

We don't have any custom rules  pertaining to PRDNT.

Though I have changed the priorities of deduction but it still doesn't work.

After exploring all the possible options, this is what I am going to do put my PCR to see if  the gross on which benfits deduction is calculated in P0169 is -ve, delete the deduction wagetype.

With my priorities set for deduction wagetype in table t51p6 as:

Arrears: 5 (Deduct all or nothing) Retro:1 (Take old amount, write difference to arrears table)

I think it should work in reto scenarios as well.

Looking forward to your inputs.

Regards,

Thomas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

lokesh_sharma4
Explorer
0 Kudos

These are the possible scenarios which I am exploring with my custom pcr and deduction priorities.

1) CUrrent pay -ve gross

2) +ve retro

R --20$

C---100$

3)   R----- -ve 20$
      C-----100$

4) C-----  -ve gross

R------ +ve gross

if it works fine in above mentioned scenarios, I think it should suffice my requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi can you check any rule for limits has been assigned to the savings plan WT? Also check Infotype 165. Vinoli

lokesh_sharma4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Vinoli,

We do not have any limits defined for deduction and also IT165 is not being used.      

Regards,

THomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Please check was there any retro change happened for the plan and payment is happening? ( since you have mentioned, deduction with opposite sign) 2. Priority in table V_51P6_B ( B and 5) 3. Also compare the deduction WT with standard IT169 wagetype ( like BA31 ) the processing class.