Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Issue- High Page I/O Latch

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are facing performance issue in our ECC production system. The Page I/O Latch was more than 25 ms for almost 4 hours.

Please suggest what can be done?

Regards,

Mohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit

1. Could you share you OS /DB & SAP kernel ,SP details?

2. Most of the time it will be issue on custom development or reports( Z reports).

BR

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SS,

The OS windows 2008 and DB is SQL 2008 R2. Attached is the trend.

Regards,

\mohit

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit

1. With this graph during the peak hour goes to 30 ms and normal time its came down 10 ms, Is it possible you can view the same graph on 29/11/2014 to check the differences?

2. You can refer the SCN  to perform the fine tune DB

and also try to update the latest service package of OS / DB

3. Refer the SAP Note

1416152 - High paging rates for backup in Windows Server 2003 and 2008

BR

SS

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SS,

End users confirmed that they face problem while running certain t codes like COOISPI, CM35 and VA01. Business is highly impacted because of this.

I have opened a high priority message but it didnot help much.

Regards,

Mohit

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit

1.    During the month or year end time over all system usage will be very high; all the end users are running so many reports. During that time transaction users are getting affected.  For this you have to check in transaction code ST03 / ST03N to find the top 20 transactions just do the analysis and fine tune the transaction with help of ABAPer or functional consultant

2.      You can check those top 20 transaction in QAS system by enable the ST12 trace check over all the ABAP & DB usage. 

3.      During this time don’t change any settings or parameters until with solid evidence

Regards

SS