Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Residual payment of customer down payment request

sameer_gupte2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We use customer down payment requests to keep track of the down payments that the customer is contracted to pay us. Now it happens that request is for USD 1,000 but the customer has paid an advance of only USD 900. When I try to clear this advance of USD 900 against the request of USD 1,000 by way of residual posting system is not allowing me to post a residual request document of USD 100. I am getting the message "Partial payments/residual items are not possible for document XYZ" (Message no. F5773). It further says that partial payments / residual items are not possible for noted items.

But this is a valid business requirement as customer may not always pay the entire requested advance.

Can you please confirm how this is to be handled?

Thanks & Regards,

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member627286
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sameer,

yes, noted items must be cleared in full, you cannot bypass the error message as it is raised

correctly.

Best regards,

Vera

nico_dewaele
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see the business reason, but the long text is clear

Diagnosis

Document is a noted item. Partial payments and residual items are not possible for noted items. You therefore cannot carry out the activity you selected by double-clicking.

System Response

Notifies you that the activity cannot be executed.

Procedure

Noted items must be cleared in full. When this is done,

• an appropriate down payment is generated for down payment requests
  • other noted items are cleared, without further line items being generated.
sameer_gupte2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nico,

The text is loud and clear. But how to bypass this? As we want to track how much the customer was contractually obliged to pay (advance request) and how much he has paid (advance receipt). If he has not paid full amount as requested, the request for the residual amount should be created automatically when we do residual posting through F-32.

Thanks & Regards,

Sameer

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

It is not possible to post residual payments against requests. It is a SAP standard behaviour.

Regards,

Mukthar