Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Question about Nakisa Installation

Dear gurus,

Despite all the documents out there, I'm still confused how Nakisa landscape works.

I've checked the environment Checklist, master guide, Abap Add-on documentation, etc, but can't seem to grasp the technical landscape.

So I'll ask simple questions:

1) Is it ABAP / Java Stack?

2) I know there's ABAP add-on for ECC, where can I download this? Because all I find is the *.sca file (java)

3) Do I need  to install additional SAP NetWeaver?

4) Where can I download latest documentation for Nakisa 4.1? I've downloaded the installation file (zip file which contains *.sca and folder documents, but can't find installation guide)

Thanks much!

Regards,

Former Member
replied

My responses would be:

1) Is it ABAP / Java Stack?

Java stack only is required on the NW instance hosting Nakisa's SOVN/STVN applications.

2) I know there's ABAP add-on for ECC, where can I download this? Because all I find is the *.sca file (java)

The ZIP download should also contain the Transport Package (TP) and ECC ABAP Add-On that are needed to be installed on the ECC backend.  Latest version on GA is 4.1 SP2. Next version 4.3 is due out any day (I had thought Dec 2014 but that date has passed!)

3) Do I need  to install additional SAP NetWeaver?

You need a SAP NW instance with Java stack installed to host the SOVN/STVN application(s).  If you have a suitable NW instance (NetWeaver CE 7.2, NetWeaver 7.3, or NetWeaver 7.4) in your env already then you can use this ... although be sure to size appropriately.

4) Where can I download latest documentation for Nakisa 4.1? I've downloaded the installation file (zip file which contains *.sca and folder documents, but can't find installation guide)

Documents should be in the ZIP file.

Regards,

Stephen

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question