cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use own namespace in HCP Mobile Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

I recently activated HCP Mobile Services (trial) for my S-user, to try to deploy an hybrid application to HANA Cloud Platform.

Unfortunately, it seems like there is no possibility to use our own namespace. I have Gateway service registered in corresponding namespace in our on-premise SAP system. In SMP on-premise I had to create a security profile named like the namespace to get it work in a pure on-premise environment.

But where can I create my own Security Profile in HCP Mobile Services?

Moreover, we were used to utilize the HTTP Basic Authentication to authenticate with SAP user against an own BSP page running on SAP on-premise. This was done by providing the BSP URL in the target URL of the corresponding security profile. But now I don't see any possibility to change the Basic Authentication URL? Maybe that comes along with creating an own Security Configuration somehow?

We don't have SSO / SAML 2.0 in our development on-premise landscape and want to keep on using the HTTP Basic Authentication concept...

Looking forward to any idea to solve those two problems.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mgrasshoff
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

HCPms security works a bit different to what SMP provides. HCP mobile services relies on the security mechanisms that are provided by HANA Cloud Platform.

Once a client request hits the HCPms URL, HCP is authenticating the request even before it is redirected to HCPms. So in order to allow HTTPbasic auth you have to configure this in HCP not HCPms (the same is true for SAML auth).

Since HCP is now responsible for security, there is no concept of "Security Configurations" anymore in HCP mobile services.

So those two items are closely related.

Find information about how to enable HTTP Basic Auth for here:

https://help.hana.ondemand.com/help/frameset.htm?71fdf1c0aaf141d18dd5ae2b41c86da3.html

I don't know if this is possible with the free developer account (trial).

Kind Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately that doesn't solve my problem.

In order to use an SAP Gateway service, which is developed in your own namespace, you had to create a security profile named exactly as your namespace.

When I am not able to create my own security profiles any more, how can I use my SAP Gateway service created in my own namespace.

I did a small Proof of Concept, that it really doesn't work currently.

Let me give you an outline what I did:

1. Setup connection between HANA Cloud Connector and my HCP account

2. Maintain Access Control in HANA Cloud Connector. Added a resource in SAP namespace starting with Z and a resource in our own namespace /MSCMOBIL/

3. Maintain Destination in HCP using the virtual host

4. Created application in HCP mobile services

4.a Set backend URL to the resource in my own namespace --> Ping gives back 403 - Forbidden

4.b Set backend URL to the resource in sap namespace (Z*) --> Ping successful

I hope that made my problem a little clearer.

Currently I don't see any possibility to provide our own SAP Gateway services developed in /MSCMOBIL/ namespace to HCP ms. Do you?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

mgrasshoff
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to clarify:

Are you exposing your service using IGW?

Kind Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, in the current scenario we have following infrastructure:

SAP ERP / Gateway (on premise) <---> HANA Cloud Connector (on premise) <----> HCPms <---> Client

Is there the problem?

Best regards,

Thomas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Really nobody having an idea?