Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing universe to the central management server

hamed_dadras
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to create a report by using SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards (former XCelsius) that consumes data from SAP HANA Database. In order to do so, I downloaded and installed the Information Design Tool, created a data foundation, universe and business layer by following the tutorial; Information design tool 4.0 FP3: Create a business layer for a data foundation based on an SAP HANA .... However, I failed to publish the universe by following the tutorial; Publish a new universe file based on a single data source: Information design tool 4.x - YouTube. It looks as if I need to have a valid user on CMC (Central Management Console ) or CMS (Central Management Server) to logon to the repository and publish my universe to access it later in Xcelsius. I would like to know how I can get a valid user in the repository and what is the procedure.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks and best regards,

Hamed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally this authentication information is the same that you would use to access CMC, Launchpad, etc.

The system name is that of the server where BO is installed and where the CMS (central management server) is running.

If your D user ID allows this logon, then mostly WinAD or LDAP has been configured as the authentication types.

If not, you would be using an Enterprise authentication..

You should confirm these details with the system administrator.

Regards,

Sid

hamed_dadras
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhartha,

Thanks for your helpful information.

The point is that I have not accessed CMC before. As far as I am concerned, I have to contact the administrator of CMC and ask him/her to create a user for me and grant it some permissions, right?

Do you have any idea about the procedure to contact the administrator and request for a user???

Best regards,

Hamed

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seyyed,

Yup, if your CMC/Launchpad login credentials do not allow you to publish the universe, then you admin would have to either:

a. grant you the necessary rights on the d-user

b. create a user with those appropriate rights

c. add your user to what already may be a Universe Designer's group (not necessary it exists).

-Sid

hamed_dadras
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Pavan & Siddhartha,

I have a D user but the point is that I need to know which System ID I should use to access a repository and publish my universe there and in addition what is the required authentication information for connecting to the repository.

Best regards,

Hamed

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would need to have a user who has the right to:

- Publish objects to the repository.

- Universe and Universe folder level rights.

- Connection level rights which the universe uses.

former_member207735
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Which user are you using right now?