cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution Rules on G/L Account type Expense not relate to Journal Entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Did anyone know why assign distribution rules on Incoming Payment not copied automatically to Journal Entries, even I use G/L Account type Expenditure on Incoming Payment?

I use SAP 9 PL 11.

G/L Account type Expenditure on payment type Credit Card:

Distribution Rules assigned to Incoming Payment:

But those Distribution Rules not copied / relate to Journal Entries:

I already check notes 1085205 it is mention about G/L Account must defined as Sales or Expenditure, on Sales or Purchasing docs. No mention anything about Payment documents.

And also already check:

If I setup default Distribution Rules on that G/L Account, it works.... but customer wants to assign dist. rules specifically for each warehouse which means they have to update each Journal Entry to the right one. Considering number of transaction each day it is not the proper solution I guess...

I wonder if it is system's behavior to ignore auto-copy Distribution Rules as long as document types are not Sales or Purchasing. If so then anyone could assist me the objective of assign Dist. rules on payment documents?

Any feedback would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,

Christfanie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christfanie,

This is by system design. If they are not related to JE, there is no distribution rule concept yet.

If you set up default Distribution Rules on that G/L Account, then system can distribute according to this rule. There is no run time assign rule for it.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for reply.

I thought filling distribution rules on payments would relate to JE as long as G/L Account used is Sales / Expenditure type.

Assuming your answer.... its not valid for payment docs, right?

Still I don't get the purpose of filling distribution rules on payment, if not relate to JE, can you tell me what is the objective?

Thank you. Regards,

Christfanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

From your screenshot, this should be payment on account but the checkbox is empty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Payment has same amount on payment means and document selected: IDR 20.000

no payment on account.

FYI, I use payment means Credit Card so I can select Expense G/L Account and post it on Debit JE.

Thank you. Regards,

Christfanie