cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate ISO 20022 XML format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are going to configure automatic payment with one of our BANK. Bank require that we have to  generate automatic payment in ISO 20022 XML pain.001.001.03 CGI V3 format.

Please guide how we can generate this format.

Regards

Imran Khan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Imran,

Do you have any update on this?

I think, I have the same requirement for the same bank.

Thank you in advance,

Anastasia.

Dear Imran and Anastasia,

In order to generate outgoing payment files in ISO 20022 XML pain.001.001.03 CGI V3 format, you will need to download a DMEE tree called CGI_XML_CT, and assign it to your payment method in FBZP in SAP. There are a number of prerequisite SAP Notes and system settings which can be read in SAP Note 1665873 CGI: DMEE XML Format as per ISO20022. This SAP Note also a very useful step-by-step guide (attachment CGI_XML_CT_IMG.zip) as well as the actual DMEE template (attachment CGI_XML_CT.zip). Note that the Standard SAP DMEE CGI_XML_CT does not cover all country requirements. So, depending on the country for which you are making the payments, you may need to tweak that DMEE using Transaction DMEE in SAP.

Some banks, like Citi, JP Morgan and HSBC have developed their own ISO20022 templates (called "integrators" or "adapters") which can be imported into SAP via Transport Request. This would accelerate your ISO 20022 XML project. May I ask which bank are you dealing with, and for which countries do you need to make the payments for?  In SAP OSS, search using the Search Term CGI_XML_CT and you will see a lot of SAP Notes giving the latest update and guidance from SAP in this area. I've been working with ISO 20022 XML pain.001.001.03 CGI V2 & V3 formats in EMEA and APAC for the last 6 years, and am happy to help if you are stuck.

Regards, Garoid Pierse.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Garoid,

thank you very much for your answer. We are using CGI_XML_CT as well, but mainly for the SEPA payments in Europe. We did some customizing and also use this tree for the BACs payments in GB. Now my current task is to implement ACH (local USA) and wire for the JP Morgan. If you have any information, where to find customized XML format to upload with the transport request, It would be VERY appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Anastasia.

0 Kudos

Hi Anastasia,

The "J.P. Morgan ACCESS® Host-to-HostSM – ERP Adapter for ISO 20022 [For SAP]" was released by JP Morgan in Singapore in September 2015. It currently covers only payments in 14 APAC countries (AU, CN, HK, ID, IN, JP, KR, MY, NZ, PH, SG, TW, TH, VN). I understand that JP Morgan intends to roll this solution out to the Americas and EMEA next year. However, for now, they only provide the Adapter for APAC because EMEA is largely standardised due to SEPA, and the USA/Americas (except Canada) are still at the early stages of ISO 20022 XML adoption. Please send me an email to gmpierse@gmail.com and I will put you in touch with my contact in JP Morgan Singapore who deals with the ERP Adapter.

Regards, Garoid.

former_member293658
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Garoid

We are currently in the process of converting from IDOC to XML for a number of bank partners. So far, we are finding that there is quite alot of variability per country that needs to be catered for by making adjustments in the standard XML file generated by SAP. We are trying to do this mostly via the BAdi technique provided by SAP. In some countries, like Pakistan for example, we have to adjust the generated XML file quite a bit because SAP doesn't have a standard version to meet the requirements. Also, we are finding things like the standard generated XML file populates duplicate data for address details in the StrtNm and AdrLine tags under <Cdtr><PstlAdr>. Or that it populates the <Dbtr><Nm> tag with lower case lettets by default while our bank wants this ordering Party Name in uppercase. We are not sure yet how to control the XML generation so that tags can be in uppercase or lowercase depending on the requirement. And so on

Did you have similar challenges when implementing different countries?

Thanks and regards

Michael