cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to Import WSDL in ESR : Unable to convert imported document to WSDL Reason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I am not able to import the WSDL in ESR .

Error : - " Unable to convert imported document to WSDL Reason:  Element "Policy" is not permitted in the "/definitions/portType "

WSDL is provided by C4C team.

I have gone through many threads and blogs and fine a way to solve the issue if WSDL is provided by ECC . Please let me know if something similar is available in C4C side.

Kindly let me know if similar thing is available in C4C side.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

Is it possible that you share the WSDL?, in this way we can check and try to solve the problem, You can change the endpoint for a dummy one for your own security.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure .. Please find in attachment

I was not able to attach wsdl file due to this content type is not allowed so i have changed the extension as txt . Please change the extension in wsdl before using.

Warm Regards,

Rudra

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

You should to think that for the ESR you only need the tags to construct the correct payload. I've skipped the policy and documentation tags from your WSDL and right now i can import it. Check the attachment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for help.

Thats correct ,

But while communicating from PI to C4C we are having secure communication .. if we remove these policy and documentation tags , won't it cause any issue.

Please check the reply of Volker in above thread ..

He mentioned ..

Do not delete the whole Port Tag. It is needed!!!

I am not sure ... If I delete these tags what will be effect later on .

Regards,

Rudra

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

If you check the WSDL modified the Port tag is not deleted, only a the poilicy and documentation tags inside have been deleted.

If you are using SSL communication the connection issues will be only at Integration Directory configuration. AFAIK the only problem could be if the payload has any tag missed, and i don't think this is the case. There is not validation in the ESR about policys, you can think that you could have done an XSD, the external definitions are only used for message mapping. You can use a dummy External definition if you use a java mapping or a XSL. From my experience, only with the SOAP(AXIS) or with an ABAP proxy you can find any problem. In your case, correct me if i am wrong, you will consume an ECC webservice, because this WSDL has been generated by SOAMANAGER transaction, am i wrong?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Inaki,

I am consuming a WSDL provided by Cloud for Customer (C4C) team , and they are not using SOAMANAGER. They are exposing web service by portal . 

Will it effect the communication ?

Regards,

Rudra

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

I haven't any experience with C4C, as per my knowledge i think it won't have any effect, but with SAP all is possible. You can wait for another SCN member with experience in these scenarios or just to try it and check if any secondary issue appears.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure ..

Thanks for all your help..

Regards,

Rudra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

WSDL is provided by C4C team.

While Importing the WSDL in ESR we need to comment the Policy Tags.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

Thanks for providing the solution for the issue. Can you please close the thread as well.

reference

regards,

Harish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

Can you try & check the following approach as mentioned in that thread:

If you change your WSDL URL to (just the ws-policy bit) to "ws-policy=standard" in your browser, you will see a WSDL minus the ws-policy tags..

Then import that "standard" WSDL (minus the ws-policy tags) into PI, it should work ok.

Not sure if it will work with C4C...but if u can give it a try n check.

Regards,

Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azhar,

already tried .. not working

Thanks