cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW for subtypes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to upload data through LSMW for hiring action.For IT0006(Address)there are 2 subtypes i need to maintain.That is Permanent and temporary address.Accordingly,i maintained the fields in file format also.But system is not reading the Address fields for 2nd Subtype(Temporary address),ie it is not reading the same fields again.

Since we can maintain the source fields only once.Pls help me as how to solve this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also Create 2 LSMW for each subtypes... & upload data one by one...

Regards,

Veeram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u pls elaborate.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make each LSMW for each subtype... so if you have 2 subtypes make 2 LSMW..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AhmedGamal
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are doing LSMW for Initial hiring???

if means, make initial hiring info groups , where two times infotype 0006 to come, so make recording for first time give subtype for permanent and second time for temporary address

or

make it simple, for initial hiring make infogroup (0000,0001,0002) close it.Then make indivual lsmw for each infotype seperately like It0006,It00041,IT0008 separately. dont mingle all infotypes in initial hiring

this is the simple way

Thanks,

Vijay SR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the Replies.I will tel u what exactly i have done.

1/ Maintained infogroup setting for IT 0000,0001,0002,0006,0009.

2/ For IT6 and IT9,i have maintained subtypes also in Infogroup settings thinking they will come in sequence order.

3/I have done the recording correctly.

4/ I maintained subtypes in file format that is uploaded.

But the error is same,that is reading the second address but matching to other fields(ie it is matching to fields of IT9).

If system displays the fields of IT6 2 times,then i think it would be solved.But hw?

And my client wants this IT's compulsory during initial hiring.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK...

Create 3 LSMW...

One for recording IT0000,0001,and 0002.

One for recoding IT 0006

One for recoding IT0009

This should reduce issues/errors... & you can upload data comfortably...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes,i understand that different recording can reduce the errors.But is there any way,that i can capture all in only 1 recording.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok...Then go for BDC ... take the help of abaper...

Keep Number range as external i.e. PA04 (Then only you can achieve your requirement) ... in your case...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you maintained Subtypes for IT6 in V_t588D ????

or

do one thing

Make sequence like this

IT0000,

0006 Subtype 1

0006 subtype 2

Try this way out

Thanks and Regards,

Vijayakumar SR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i have maintained subtypes in that table.

can u pls explain me the logic as how it will work if i maintain it in alternate way.As i said my recording is correct which is coming in proper order.

When comes to step 3 in LSMW...here we enter the technical field names.Even though we use address infotype 2 times we can enter the technical names only once.

And in step5(automapping of LSMW)...we do automapping where the fields come only once.As a result system is reading the Address fields only once.

Is there any change i need to maintain in file format.As of now i maintained the subtypes also in a row continuation. Shud i maintain it in second line.?