Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation in the BI enterprise

vinayakgole
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have been thinking if there are any typical automation tasks that can be carried out in a standard BO 4.1 environment.

Can you please help with what has been your experience? Typical candidates seem to be

1. Migrations

2. Security

Anything else which seem to be potential candidates for automation.

Would automation require BO SDK?

Thanks and best regards,

Vinayak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vinayak,

I have documented most of day to day tasks of the Administrators in the blog below. You can also try to automate them.

Yes. In most of the cases you need SDK, however you can also try to utilize Program Objects where ever applicable. Check this too

Thanks

Mani

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And if you do write a Java runnable .jar to do some of this (I've successfully done this a number of times!) be sure your class inherits from IProgramBase from the SDK.  If you don't, you will not be able to run the program through BO.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

We make this automation using java SDK

1.Auto merging AD and SAP accounts by equal email

2.Auto changing user attributes by extended AD attribute(filial name,TabNumber,..)

3.Auto blocking inaktive more than some time users with prevent notification

4.Auto unlocking users by some conditions

5.Auto send user documentation to new including user to role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Automation can be used pretty much in many things. Automated tools can be used during code remediation in various upgradation, migration projects. Compared to manual process, they are more effective, saves time and needs less resources.

Here are some reading resources if you want to know.

Upgrading your enterprise system through automated code remediation | SmartShift

Code transformation automation: How to update your apps and keep your business agile | SmartShift

How to improve project risk management with automation | SmartShift

Do get in touch if you need more help.

Regards,

Priscilia