Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balancing field "Profit Center" in line item 001 not field error for in CJ88

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I read scn threads  on above error but no suitable not found for my Problem .

My scenario is we have created Project with root WBS (billing element) - Created 3 levels of WBS > Network & activity assigned to WBS > Settelment rule (WBS ) assigned to Activity > Work center &  Activity type for Labour are  created & assigned to Acivity   > Now out of three activity type two has been completed & confirmed by CN25 .

Now I want to do periodic settlement for current Period but system gives above error  (Note :- profit center is assigned only to Project Defination )

Need help as son as possible .  All points are checked from PS , CO  & FI but no any solution found (error screen shot  attached )

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know the Settlement Receiver in your case?

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mr Virendra B,

pl check while creating final asset for W.B.S.E the profit centre is missing .so system stops you

Regards

Ambarish

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi virendra,

check settlement profile to receiver object what is the parameter to that is that allow or other if other then set as allow to those.

Regards,
Sanjeev

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Do you have the profit center at the WBS level to which you are trying to settle the cost? Is business area and profit center both mandatory in your case?

Can you check the BA and Profit center combination for your WBS?

Please check with your FI counterparts as they should be able to guide you on this error.

Regards

Sammar

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar ,

Thanks for quick reply,

As previous discussed Profit center is assigned only for Project defination (not for any WBS ) & now if try to assign it WBS it will gives error (see screen shot ) .

Thanks ,

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Check which document type have you mentioned for posting settlement documents. And check these document type in document splitting configuration - classify document type for doc.splitting.

Regards,

Mukthar

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

as far as I know document splitting makes Profit Center as a mandatory field while settlement. The combination of Profit Center, BA and cost center is checked while doing settlement.

If you haven't maintained any profit center at the WBS level then I believe system should allow you to enter it. Why are you getting a message that Profit center cannot be changed? Are you changing profit center at the Project level??

Please consult with your FICO guys to sort it..

regards

Sammar

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar ,

I am tried to assign same Profit center to WBS  as assigned in Project defination ,  but don't understand why system gives error of "Change profit center"  is their any issue of ' Filed selection Group ' ? as I checked all fields are for 'Input ' value .

Thanks ,

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar

Thanks for reply

Document type SA mentioned in settlement document & maintained in -classify document type for doc.splitting.

Thanks ,

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Check the settlement receiver field status, whether the GL account has field status for profit centre in OB41 & OB14.

Regards,

Mukthar

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

I think as you have cost posted to the WBS that's the reason system is not allowing you to enter the Profit Center. What you can do is change the error message to Warning and enter the profit center and then again make it error message.

Else at the back end in PRPS table go and enter the Profit center field.. I would prefer the first option..

After this try settling the cost and see how it goes..

if it still doesn't work check with your FICO guys..

Regards

Sammar

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar ,

My problem temporarily  resolved as suggested by you to change message control in 2nd screen shot . I was changed Error msg to Warning msg . in t code OBA5 in Work area - FAGL_ORG_UNITS  ,  now  system allows me to enter profit center in each WBS.  

Thanks ,

Virendra

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Good to hear that. If you think your Profit center remains same throughout the project then you can substitute the PC from Project Definition to all the WBS elements.

If that's not the case then make Profit center as Mandatory field for user input so that this issue doesn't arise again..

Have a good start to the new year..

Cheers

Sammar