Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM 2007 Dual Stack Split

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am planning to perform dual stack split of CRM 2007 central system. I checked in SWPM, there are 2 options, move JAVA DB, Keep DB. What is the difference between these two. Also please advise the high level steps to perform the complete dual stack split and I want to keep the java instance. I found http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25162 but it looks like completely removing the Java instance, but I want to keep it. Please advise.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Move Java Database - The new J2EE system will have its own database.

Keep Database - The new J2EE system will continue to use the existing ABAP database.

Cheers

RB

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Reagan,

Thank you. Based on whether to keep DB together or separate, do I have to perform all steps listed in SWPM (screenshot)? If we choose to keep DB together, do I have to perform all steps except "remove java stack from dual-stack dialog instance, since this is central system?

Thank you.

Kavitha Rajan.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha

Yes,You have to perform all the steps either one of the option.

BR

SS

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Sriram,

I am choosing first option, to move Java DB separately. While taking Java export, can I disable Java Application Server (by choosing the check box, though I am keeping java instance for now)? Currently I am keeping the Java instance, but in the future I can remove, so decided to keep DB separately. Please advise.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kavitha

1. You have to uninstall the JAVA application server(Because you are going to install the new JAVA instance with New SID). only keep the JAVA instance. perform the JAVA export.

2. Depend on your business need,If you are keeping the separately DB, one more DB license added.

3.  If possible you can perform this activity on test / Stand box environment and then perform the same on your landscape

Regards

SS

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Sriram,

Thank you.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Kavitha,

All the information in this regard is available here:

<https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001412922011E/dss_unix.pdf>

In the export source Java system step, the file System for SDM, Kernel is taken care of and the Java instance is disabled on the source system.

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hemant,

Is this document available for windows/sql? I split the systems with move DB option. CRD/CDJ under same SQL install in the same server (central system). Environment variables shows only CRD. SUM for CRM upgrade from 2007 to 7.02 is picking only CRD (Shows CRD in the first screen). Please advise.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

All,

I checked several documents but none of them showing any hint for environment variables not being updated automatically. Also SUM, is not picking CDJ system. Please help ASAP to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kavitha

I think you have to define those environment variables in CDJADM "user environment" (Not on system)

BR

SS

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Sriram. This is very helpful. I logged in as cdjadm and verified. If I start SUM after log-in as cdjadm into the server, after current ABAP upgrade, I should see CDJ to upgrade using SUM...Correct?

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram/Hemant/Reagan/All,

Now I have QA system, which is central system and has dialog instance. After performing the 3 activities under Move Java DB-->Central, what to do for Dialog instance? Should I move to Move Java DB-->Distributed-->Remove Java Stack from dual stack dialog instance , should I run this? Please let me know ASAP. These QA systems also have ASCS instance since I used SWPM for system copy from production. Please advise.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Anybody, please help ASAP.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha

For Dialog instance you can perform normal installation after split the dual stack.

BR

SS

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Sriram,

I installed Dialog instance after system copy. Later started dual stack split. I ran the option, remove java stack from dual stack dialog instance, and released the system yesterday night. IS this fine? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kavitha

You can perform fresh  dialog instance install.

After your CI installation completed.

BR

SS

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Sriram,

Yes I performed Dialog instance installation after CI installation. But later performed dual stack split in CI and in dialog instance also, I performed split using the option I mentioned above. This should be fine right?

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kavitha

In this case before starting the dual stack split, you can take the configuration details of Dialog instance.and uninstall the Dialog instance. start the dual stack split and the do the fresh installation of Dialog instance either ABAP or JAVA.

I am not tried.

BR

SS