cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mt940 Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i have a client who receives bank statement in excel or pdf format.. which i need to convert in format which is supported by sap.. How can i do that?? any external software or through sap itself??? Please guide me ...

Thanks in advance

Regards

Abhay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jayj07
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

There's no direct way of converting your files to SAP readable formats but you can try to develop a VBA code/macro to convert your excel files to MT940/BAI format. You just need to analyze if the data in the excel file being sent by the bank has necessary information to put it in other formats.

There are a lot of materials online about the formatting specifications of both MT940 or BAI.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jayj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhay,

I don't think if it possible to convert excel or Pdf statement into SAP compatible format.

SAP is compatible with MT940 ( structure,unstructured, Multicash), BAI, BAI II and other formats.

If you need to reconcile with excel or pdf, then you can suggest the option of manual reconciliation using FF67.

If you need automatic recon, then you need to get the desired format from the bank and configure SAP based on the same.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

M S Lokesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey lokesh,

Thanks for the reply... i suggested client that only but i suggest ff67 bdc which would be more equivalent... but still were asking for can it be converted through any way or not...would suggest me some way like your  suggestion do the way...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhay,

As mentioned earlier, it is not possible to change the Excel or PRD into SAP compatible file.

As you are aware, the MT940 files are encrypted data, SAP is compatible with all such files are it decrypts the same based on logic provided by SWIFT.

Hence going via ff67 would be the best way to proceed, as you standard BAPI is available for the same , the same can be modified based on your requirement. Which will more or else work as automatic upload.

Regards,

M S Lokesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Lokesh,

Thanks for the reply..1st of all Wishing you a happy and prosperous new year and yes i moving forward with bdc of ff67 and if u know the badi.. please give the name of the same if possible

Regards

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhay,

Kindly look into the below thread.

Regards,

M S Lokesh