cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - Reaching Local Transaction's Properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is an action that defined for ServiceOrder object. I want to define an enable rule for the action according to value of a local transaction's property. To do this, I tried to reach the transaction via other transactions but  it did not work. I've also tried to select transaction as current transaction but it did not work either. How can I reach that transaction value?

Best Regards,

Serkan DEMIR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Serkan,

As you say the transaction status property is not persisted in the object when the client works offline.

So please make sure the followings are in place.

1. The transaction status property is bound(mapped) properly to the required Object property.

2. The apply step should be executed successfully before trying to access the the Object property in      the rule.

* you can not access a local transaction as Bill says.

Thanks,

Sudhir.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You cannot target a transaction like that.  You enable rule needs to target the object that the transaction modified instead.  The transactions are persisted on the client but are not accessible.  The targeting options are more for use within the transaction itself not externally to the transaction.

You should be able to just substitute in the correct object reference to get the same result.

If for some reason that status is not persisted on the object you may need to add the property to the object so it can be persisted and then used in your rule.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Transaction's "Status" property is persisted on the object. Actually my problem occurs when the client works offline. The object's property value does not change until transmit. Because of this I've tried to reach the transcation.

Best Regards,

Serkan DEMIR

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the object is not updated until after you post the data and the object is redownloaded. are you using an "Apply" action step after you make the transaction?

The Apply will save the transaction data back to the object so it has the new values.

Stephen