Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom FPM Form form Development

former_member206479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm new to HCM forms and i got requirement to create a Custom form as FPM Form.

I have read threads from scn and i got bit infomation to develop my form by using HRASR_DT Tool. Here my confusion is How to connect my form with Feeder class and where to write the business logic because i have lot of fields to design form like below images. For this i have created one structure for all the fields on the form.

Can any one Help me to build custom form with business logic( Where to write code and how to link with form).

Thanks

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer below useful for you :-

HCM Process and Forms - Tutorials Part 1

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Can any one Help me to build custom form with business logic( Where to write code and how to link with form).".....sure, who do I contact to put together a contract and send my invoices for billable time? haha Seriously, you are asking people to do all the work for you that you are getting paid to do.

Now, not to jump on you to harshly, a few things...

1. you REALLY need to study, read, do tutorials, etc. everything about HCM P&F. There are a LOT of "moving parts" you need to understand.

2. This process you are showing (demotion/promotion/transfer) is very typical but also one of the more complicated ones usually (due to all infotypes "touched"). You will be using SAP_PA and likely in combination with SAP_PD (if you are creating positions on fly, changing relationships and other org object updates). You will also be using one or more custom generic services that you will have to create to handle your own business logic, "help" values, data defaults/transformations, etc.

3. Your form looks bad....sorry....but it does. I would re-check your requirements. There are other/nicer ways to present the information you need (for example, your whole wage type section should not be hardcoded 1-8 rows but instead a table where the user can add rows as needed). That whole approval section may be overly complicated as your own workflow attached to your process would likely handle this....and you haven't even discussed your workflow or ideas for it's design...which is likely a big chunk of work for you too!

Again, it looks like you need to really learn HCM P&F first....and this particular "action" is not a good one to start with.

former_member206479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Firstly thanks for your time and yes, I would like to learn HCM P&F.

I totally agree with you and here my intention is not to provide complete solution for me. Just  i wanted to know some technical information like

1. Do we need to copy CL_HRASR00_FPM_FEEDER to Z or

2. If we create Generic service and implement HRASR00GEN_SERVICE_BASIC Badi.

are those enough to create my required form or not that all.

Thanks

Venkat

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Maybe. It depends. Usually not though.

2.You will likely need several.

No that is not "enough". There is a LOT more to this too.

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One usually ends up using standard SAP_PA service together with custom generic services. There are several blogs available on these topics.

Further refer to SAP delivered sample processes before starting to build custom process.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sahir.