cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Multi Level Approver Scenario in Leave Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In Case of multi-level leave request  approval once the first level approves the leave a record with 'SENT' status is inserted in the PTREQ_HEADER thereby stopping the RPTARQPOST program which is running in background from posting the leave details into the leave infotype.

Issue

But in some cases the 'SENT' status is not inserted in the PTREQ_HEADER and after the first level of approval the leave details is updated in the leave infotype by the RPTARQPOST program .

At the same time there is a short dump in the system related to the database .

PFA related to the short dump.

Regards,

Dwity Krushna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

These types of errors are many times very difficult to solve.

You didn't give much details that how the SENT status is inserted into the database. Since this happens rarely, I would consider things like could things sometimes be happening too fast (or slow). Could the PTREQ_HEADER table be still locked (by approval?), etc.? 

I can also see from your dump that there is a call to an Z-object ZCL_PT_GEN_REQ_EXIT (BAdI?). Could there be some problem with the code in that object?

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karri ,

Once the first level of approval is done, an 'APPROVE' and "SENT' record is inserted into the Table PTREQ_HEADER table.

The dump was while inserting the 'SENT' status record to PTREQ_HEADER.

ZCL_PT_GEN_REQ_EXIT  BADI is used to trigger the workflow that's why in program affected list it is displayed.

Regards,

Dwity krushna 

Former Member
0 Kudos

>Once the first level of approval is done, an 'APPROVE' and "SENT' record is inserted into the Table PTREQ_HEADER table.

Where and how does this code get executed? Is this a standard or custom solution?

I fully understand and can see from the dump itself that the the problem is with the database insert, but the thing that should be interesting is that where does this code gets called at the first place.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have written the code in the BO method and that i have called inside the activity step type in the workflow template.

Regards,

Dwity Krushna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check Rick's answer (and the notes mentioned in that thread). Could be a bug in the standard code.

Also check if the users have done some changes to the leave after sending it for approval. It could be there is something common in these cases - e.g. user changes leave details etc. and your (or SAP's) code cannot handle the situations properly.

Regards,

Karri

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

PFA?

How often does this happen? Could it be a problem at the OS level, e.g. file system full?

Seems to be SAP-standard programs, you should search for any support notes.

regards

Rick Bakker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

May be in a month once or twice this occurs. Checked with the BASIS guys regarding the file system, but its not full.

PFA -plz find the attachment of the short dump

Regards ,

Dwity Krushna

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does this help?