cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we delete Number ranges of Vendor (XKN1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am shaffe, As I have encountered an error while I am trying to post an vendor invoice (f-43) then it said

IN COMPANYCODE ____ 19 NUMBER RANGE IS MISSING FOR YEAR 2014

so I went back to 'Create vendor number ranges' (xkn1) and I created number ranges with "19" and mistakely given current number is also, and saved it.

Now I could not able to post an invoice of vendor , as I am getting the same above error, and other hand I could not able to delete 19 number range in my company code.

Can anyone provide me solution for this.

Regards,

Shaffe.Shaik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shaffe,

You can delete the number range, but before you do that please consider below points:

1. Vendor already created using number range 19 will still exist in system.

2. If you try to use same number range again, it will cause in-consistency in database.

Keeping above points in mind, it is not sugessted to delete number range.

But if you still feel you need to do that:

1. Reset the current number to 0. (In Extra menu, you will find option to set current number)

2. select the number range to be deleted Click in - Sign above to delete number range.

Hope that helps.

Pankaj Bansal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your reply..!

Vendors of my company code are already been created, Error shown at the time of raising an vendor invoice..!! (f-43).

NUM RANGE 19 MISSING IN COMPANY CODE , even though I have created num range 19 in, But when I used XKN1 I gave to give 19 num range, Nowhere It asked me company code, thats comfusing me with the error saying NUM RANGE 19 MISSING IN COMPANY CODE.

I guess you get my point of question

Regards,

Shaffe

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaik,

You are trying to create a no.ranges for vendor master in XKN1. This t.code is used for maintaining no.ranges for vendor master. But your error is telling vendor document no.ranges. You have to create doc.no.ranges in FBN1. So, create a no.range 19 for the year 2014 for the co.code in the t.code.

Regards,

Mukthar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaik,

Check the Number range 19 belongs which document type in OBA7. Then create required document number range in FBN1.

Regards

Gouse

sattaiah_gundu1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shaffe

You might have not saved the Number Ranges.

To Define Vendor document Types & Number ranges.

Go to OBA7

(Navigation:    SPROàSAP Ref IMGàFinancial Accounting (New)àFinancial Accounting

Global Settings (New)àDocumentàDocument Typesà Define Document Types for

Entry View ( (OBA7)).

Select Details Button
Select Number range Information
Give Company Code XXX (Selece your Company Code)
Select Change Intervals
Select Insert Intervals
No.     Year       From Number       To Number
19       2014           1900000             1999999
Press Enter and Save
Ignore message and press Enter.

Warm Regards

Sattaiah Gundu

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi