cannot logon to SAP system after changing parameter
I cannot login to SAP system after changing and reverting parameter COMPATIBLE.
History of events:
1. I checked DB16 and the COMPATIBLE parameter was on error:
Value: 10.2.0.3.0 (<> 10.2.0) # Database compatibility mode
2. I tried to change the parameter to the recommended value on SAP note 830576:
ALTER SYSTEM SET COMPATIBLE = '10.2.0' SCOPE=SPFILE;
3. When trying to restart the database I had an error message
so I reverted the parameter to the previous setting with:
ALTER SYSTEM SET COMPATIBLE = '10.2.0.3.0' SCOPE=SPFILE;
4. SAP was started and everything is green:
5. But, when trying to logon, I get an error message when trying to open the logon screen
Please let me know how to solve this.
Oh Great !!
Seems your issue has been resolved.