Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation on 2012 R2 and MSCS very slow

ganimede_dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm try to install a new system from an R3load export of our productive ECC into a new MSCS based on Windows 2012 R2. Our ERP is 6.05 SP16 with Kernel 7.21 SP 300.

The installing, first node... into input session is very slow, several hours from start to this point there are 12 hours...

Have you got any idea?

Thank you so much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

the problem is related to the new functionality of continous availability for SMB 3.0 Shares in Windows Server 2012 Failover Clusters.

It is known problem.

The fix is documented in SAP Note 1823833 or Microsoft KBA 2820470.

The problem not only shows up when accessing non existing shares, it is also shows up if you retrieve file attributes relative to the root directory of a share (for \\host\share\., or \\host\share\..). This operations are not allowed and will return error messages which are normally handled very well be applications. But the error message will be fired by the API 60 seconds after the call...

So it is a very good idea to implement above KBA (Windows Server 2012: install the fix, Windows Server 2012 R2: set the registry key).

I recommend to set this Reg-Key on all Windows Server 2012 FF versions.

regards

Peter

PS: by the way. The Prerequisit Checker Phase in the installation should check whether the Reg-Key is set...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganimede,

If you have mutiple ASCS/SCS/ERS services on cluster node , then it will take time.

You can use older version of SWPM , to make it faster.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

older SWPM versions will not fix this and are NOT faster at this steps.

regards

Peter

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Could you share your DB?

2. Have you do the prerequisite steps on MSCS, you can refer this information in Master guide. refer the master guide ' http://service.sap.com/guidefinder' Select your OS /DB & SAP version

BR

SS

ganimede_dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP ASE is my db.

I've checked docu and also in cheker on Software Provisioning

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Is this any error message in windows Event viewer or SAP log?

2. Have you updated the latest service pack and windows updates for Windows OS ?

3. Basic Failover Cluster configurations are correct? you can failover the Windows Cluster resource from one to another node without any error?