Topics threads Alerted to moderator, Bassic programming, why close?
I have the next situation:
opened a new discussion on ABAP Forum.
The ppl answered my thread, and someone reported to moderator.
the thread was closed, reason: basic programming, go to ABAP manual course.
my opinion is the next:
Exist many many Basic threads and not closed, I think next:
1) not pretend close all basic threads.
2) I think help much the basic threads
3) if I am a expert ABAPER, simply not answer basic threads.
4) when a moderator close any basic thread minimum, tell something: you break the rule number 5 (by sample),and give a chance of answer the reason.
5) SCN is a great (the best) forum for all ppls, include starters.
My proposal is:
1) Open a Forum same to: ABAP for starters
2) Not Close the basic threads (of course if break rules then close the thread) but Close because its a Basic programming, not see where break a rule.
Dude: How to contact to moderator for ABAP forum? for try see the answers and try him give me a chance of talk and see the thread.
Not know if here is the right place of talk about this.
Jürgen L replied
You picked a question from 2007.
Like you want develop your knowledge further, SCN as a knowledge provider has also added much more information in the last 8 years, like SAP has developed new modules and products.
Something what was posted years ago and was an accepted question at that time became in the meantime common and basic knowledge.
And, not to forget, the answer to those basic questions is already available in SCN and help.sap.com, you don't need to ask yourself, someone else did it already, you can just take the answer.
It doesn't help anyone if the same question is asked 100 times. Hence the rule 3 from The SCN Rules of Engagement asks to search before posting.