cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short url as a url alias in master rule collection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use the short url of a role as a url alias in master rule collection to use a specific portal desktop.Is it possible?

Please help me to find the solution.

Regards,

Nibedita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nibedia,

Before using an alias in the Master Rule Collection you have to make sure it exist in the URL Alias Manager.

There are some predefined aliases that exists (classic, anonymous, interop, etc).

If it doesnt exist (such as specific short url) , you should create it first in the URL Alias Manager and then you can use it in the master rule collection.

BR,

Tal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.I tried to add it in alias manager.But it is showing invalid as the short url is having an url like "portal?navigationTarget=***---16 letters--**."

My requirement is i wanted to give a specific error message to the unauthorised user when he/she will try to access the short url of the role ,in browser.I was trying to achieve this through master rule concept.But no idea how to do.

Please suggest me.

Thanks & Regards,

Nibedita

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nibedita,

This is indeed impossible to add such an alias, so this cannot be the solution.

What you can try is to create a new iView and add it to the framework page. iview will no render anything so it will not affect the display.

In this custom iView, you can read the location url , and see if its pointing to this short url... , if it is - do something --> Redirect, show a popup on screen ,etc

Br,

Tal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nibedita,

I've never tried this option but may be you can give it a try.

Try to define a master rule for the role itself and assign the specific portal desktop to it.

BR,

Anurag

TomXing
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nibedita,

Never tried that... it should work I assume.

But alias is usually something very short, like /irj/portal/classic, /irj/portal/anonymous

Short URL is not that short, right?

BR, Tom