cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis for OLAP vs Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't been able to find a document outlining the differences between Analysis for OLAP vs. Analysis for Excel. I've been working mainly with accountants, so we've been using OLAP for Excel because they are already comfortable with Excel. However, it has been suggested to me that Analysis for OLAP has features not available with the Excel version. Is this true, and if so is there a document or website outlining the difference in features?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably the most recent comparison is attached to this KBA:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1869560

My take is accountants will be more happy with Analysis Office for Excel; accountants work most of the time in Excel anyway

Analysis OLAP has some nice features like conditional formatting preview, focused analysis - it is all web based and part of the BI platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is close to what I want, but not comprehensive enough. I was think more along the lines of what OLAP can do that Excel can't, not just from a BEx/BI Platform feature point of view.

For example, OLAP offers subanalysis, but I don't think I've seen that option in Excel. After a fairly quick look at OLAP, I don't see too much difference. My plan wouldn't be to move accountants over to OLAP, but it was suggested to me OLAP could do a bunch of things Excel can't and I'm trying to determine if that it true. Other departments, or IT internally, might get better use out of OLAP if it does have extra features.

0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Ao workbook displaying # or Not assign but same query I'm executing through Bex analyzer it's displaying empty cell please find the below screen shot. I have to display empty cells instead of not assign. Kindly help me

Bex Output                                        Analysis office 1.4 Output

Regards,

Alagappan R

Answers (0)