cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO07 and special stock indicator for components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My final purpose is to be able to call components from project stock in production orders without header material, created in CO07.

I notice a strange behavior and would be glad to recieve some explanations.

Production orders are assigned to a WBS. If I indicate the WBS in the CO07 selection screen, the special stock indicator for the components is determined as expected:

• If view MRP 4 for the component says "Individual requirements" then special stock indicator is set to "Project stock"
  • If view MRP 4 for the component says "Collective requirements" then special stock indicator is set to "Common stock"

Second scenario is that I don't provide the WBS in the CO07 selection screen, but provide it in the assignment tab later. In this case, the special stock indicator for components will always be empty (common stock) by default, without any possibility to modify this manually.

Is anybody able to explain me why?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JarleiN
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jules

Instead of CO07, try CO10.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody help please? Is this the right place for this question?

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jules

Firsly, you have opened this thread today and a few hours latter you are already askin of an update. You should consider that people in this  is a collaborative community where people voluntarily help you to understand things better in the SAP world. Asking frequently for updates, especially during this time of the year when people are out for holidays, is not a nice behavior and you may have to wait for more time until someone answer your thread.

Also, what you are observing on your system seems to be correct for me. The assignment of components to the individual stock is controlled by the field "individual/collective" on the material master. When you provide the WBS assignment after the order creation, the components will not be updated, since the BOM was already exploded. You may force a new BOM explosion using the option "read pp master data", in order to have the components assigned to the WBS.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer Caetano, I understand your remark, just because I am in a hurry doesn't mean I can expect other people to answer quickly, especially at this time of the year

Acually there is no BOM in my production order, as there is no header material. The purpose of this production order is just to have a list of operations, for maintenance for example, but there is no end product. The option "Read PP master data" is not even accessible (greyed out in CO02).

Regards,