Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CM21: logic of "dispatch at earliest point in time"

former_member188010
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear PP expert,

I have new with capacity leveling.

I have an question that when i use strategy "dispatch at earliest point in time"

what is the logic behind to determine the start time of planning order.

i have dispatch planned order at 26.12.14 16:00 (system time) but planned order start time is 9:46:45 and finish at 12:00:00.

I want to know the logic, please help.

work center master set at 00:00 - 24:00 with no break time.

Regards,

KPG.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188010
Participant
0 Kudos

sorry to all guy,

actually system is work correctly, it dispatched to the system time (earliest as possible).

but the system time (SAP time) and time in my local computer is different that was make me misunderstood.

closed.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kanapon,

Your 3rd screenshot shows that system time is somewhere close to 10AM (order pool), but you have stated you dispatched at 16:00 (system time). Can you please clarify this point?

dispatch at earlier point of time will try to dispatch operations asap in planning period, in forward direction. There will not be any gaps between orders, provided work centre is available and is not shareable.

If you want to schedule from a particular time, then go to strategy and choose "Date entry when dispatching" option.

Thanks

Prem

marcelo_pacheco
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the "Dispatch at earliest point in time" indicator is set, the system will try dispatch operations as early as possible in the planning period without taking preceding operations in the order into account (i.e. without considering their sequence). If this indicator is set, then the system switches to Planning direction forwards automatically if not selected.

Regards,

Marcelo