cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career with SAP Transport Management(TM) ?

rajukammella
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working as a SAP SD consultant for the past one year in one of the MNC. I have total 2.5 years of experience in IT. I have been given with a new role where i need to work on SAP TM. I have no idea till now such module exists in SAP. So, i am totally a beginner for SAP TM. Although i would be given some Training on TM, i would like to know the scope of SAP TM in current market. i am interested in knowing how would SAP TM impact my career and the opportunities i can have with SAP TM.

thanks in advance.

Thanks

Raju.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the article below...

http://www.mmh.com/article/top_20_supply_chain_management_software_suppliers_2014

SAP TM is growing every year and it is a strategic solution for SAP.

best regards

Eduardo Chagas

rajukammella
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Eduardo Chagas, it was a very useful link.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju

Please give a feedback! If it is the case mark this thread with a Correct Answer and Helpful Answer where appropriate.

See http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why  

Even if you discovered the solution without any outside contributions, it helps others to understand what the solution turned out to be.

Best regards

Eduardo Chagas

[SCN Moderator]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

I had also worked on SAP-SD module for one year before starting up with TM.

Believe me;lots of concepts are the same and you won't find it easy to Grasp.

Currenly, SAP-TM is one of the best SAP's product that it is planning to release as SAP TM 9.1.

SAP is totally focussed on this one and it will have a great market in times to come

as most of the leading Logistics Provider Companies will be working on TM.

Its a great oppurtunity for all of us to work on this Module as Consultants as there are very few now who are working on it. When there will be a high demand for TM Consultants in the market; you will surely be benefitted at that time.

Regards

Vikash

rajukammella
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Vikash for the update, Hope we will have good opportunities in coming times.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have experienced an influx in opportunities in the TM space with FedEx & UPS changing to DIM rating Jan 2015, all shipments will be subject to dimensional rating and many will see rates increase up to 30%. Many companies have been blindsided by the news and are certainly looking for solutions to help remedy the impending increase.

rajukammella
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Stacy for the information.