Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appropriate SAP Business One 8.81 PL 11 Server Specs for 15 and more Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Good day!

Can I get your suggestion on appropriate server specifications for 15 and above SAP users?

Currently the all the client computers have hard time in using SAP such as generating reports and going to different marketing documents.

Current SAP Server Specifications:

SAP Business One version: 8.81 Patch Level 03

Hopefully you can give me the best advise on this matter.

I would highly appreciate all your comments.

Thank you very much.

Warm regards,

Anthony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any update?

Thanks,

Nagarajan

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

if your organisation have more then 15 Users then i will suggest you below configuration

Server : Windows Server 2012

Processor : Intel(R),Xeon(R),CPU E7-4870 @2.39 GHz (20 Processors)

RAM : 64 GB

System Type (Bits) : 64 ,x64 based

with above configuration you can go upto 50-100 Users.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the prompt response but do you have lesser specifications than the stated above. It seems contains of much higher specifications. Do you have specifications just appropriate for 15 to 20 users only?

Thank you very  much.

Warm regards,

Anthony

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Reports execution time also depends on database performance ,if your database size is big i.e 30 to 50 GB or >50 GB complex queries/Store proc  takes time in execution upto 10 minutes to 2 hrs some times i have seen more then 4 hrs(on  SQL server ).

so i don't think increasing the  RAM size will sort out your problem completely, definitely it will increase the performance up to 20 to 50%,

I will suggest 16 GB is enough for 20 users, but if your database size is big you can for 32 GB RAM.

Regards,

Manish

former_member205766
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the below doc

With Regards

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Thank you for the prompt response but upon checking on the link you gave, it does not specify there on how may users  on the mentioned specs will still provide a better performance once they connect to SAP server. Because once the 15 SAP users will connect to SAP server simultaneously it really give poor performances on the client workstation. It always hanged and sometimes automatically closed. I really believe that the number of users who are connecting to SAP Business one server have a huge impact on its performance.

Do have some links wherein I can see the appropriate server specs with the number of users?

Thank you very  much.

Warm regards,

Anthony