cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregates is taking long time to fill and activate for 0IC_C03(Inventory cube)

former_member223861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to create aggregates on inventory cube. I Have created aggregates on plant , 0calday. in reporting data is coming very quickly. when i drill down to material it was taking long time. so i decided to create aggregates for material also. when I am trying to create aggregates for material and trying to fill and activate. back ground job is taking long time it was taking more then 22 hours and still back ground job is running.

Please help me on this.

Regards,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

Aggregates does improve the query performance drastically but it takes time for data to be filled into the aggregates. In your case you have 2 aggr.

Do a sm37 check on the agrreagate filling job an see where it is taking so much time.

Regards,

Amit

former_member223861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I deleted aggregates and created once again. it was filled in one minute.

For material aggregates has been filled now. after creation of aggregates also it was taking long time when I drill down to material in reporting.

Regards,

Naveen

former_member223861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs.  I am facing the same problem.

Regards,

Naveen

anil_babu13
Participant
0 Kudos

Since it is an inventory cube it would have lot of historical data for the materials that might be the cause for poor performance. try applying filters on time chars and see once.

regards,

anil kakani

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Please review SAP Note 419490 - Non-cumulatives: poor query performance. Although it's not directly related to your question, it contains very important performance recommendations.

Best regards,
Sander