Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to know the exact details on Roting master data

former_member328966
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Actually i am going to work on parallel sequence in routing master.

I have checked the standard system .In routing i have created the operations 10,20,30,40 and selected the operation 20 and clicked on sequence and select the parallel sequence.

But in that the system is asking for branch operation and return operation. I need a clear picture of why the parallel sequence is required and what is the exact meaning of branch operation and return operation.

Kindly clarify the doubts.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vishnu,

I suggest before posting any question search in this forum as you could find some help.

Check below links Parallel Sequences - Production Orders (PP-SFC) - SAP Library

BR
KK

vibin_v_joseph
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

A parallel sequence is a sequence that runs parallel to operations in the standard sequence.

The place where alternate sequence starts from the standard sequence is called branch operation and again the place where it joins the standard sequence is called the return operation.

For Example ,

In Your Case the Standard Sequence has Operations 10,20,30,40. and the Parallel sequence has only one operation.

So if the Parallel sequence has to be defined in parallel to operation 20(std) then branch operation would be 20 and return operation would be 20(If you want to close the parallel sequence by operation 20).

The end of the parallel sequence corresponds to the end of the return operation.

You can also check on the graphical representation for further clarity on the sequence defined.

Regards,

Vibin

former_member328966
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vipin,

kindly explain me the difference between the parallel and alternative sequence and with some real time examples so that i can try the same example in server.

And also tell me how it will impact in production order?

vibin_v_joseph
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alternate sequences are linked to the standard sequence which is the main sequence.

The place where alternate sequence starts from the standard sequence is called branch operation and again the place where it joins the standard sequence is called the return operation.

Alternate sequence consists of set of operations other than the standard sequence so that either of the sequences can be run for a production process.Generally branch operations in the standard sequence are ignored in this process

In Simple Terms , Alternative sequence is used when we have 2 different production lines and either of one can be used(eg.., May be during breakdown or abnormalities and in accordance to the business scenarios).

Parallel sequences are set of operation which run parallel to the standard sequence, for example in a chemical industry for analytical processes that occur parallel to the main production process.

In Simple Terms , Parallel sequence is used when we have 2 different production lines and the production can be executed in both the lines parallely or there is a manufacturing process where there are operations which has to be executed parallel such that the Output of both these parallel operations can be given as Input to the Upcoming operations and also quantity can be divided into 2 production lines.

Steps:

1.  CA01/CA02 - ENTER MATERIAL, and PLANT . ENTER

2. SELECT SEQUENCE

3. GO TO EDIT  - NEW ENTRIES

4. POP UP WINDOW

5. SELECT PARALLEL / ALTERNATE

6 A.   IF SELECT PARALLEL SEQUENCE

ENTER SEQUENCE , ALIGN KEY. RETURN OPERATION, REF OPERATION, BRANCH OPERATION

6B. IF SELECT ALTERNATIVE SEQUENCE

SEQUENCE , LOT SIZE. RETURN OPERATION, REF OPERATION, BRANCH OPERATION

ITS BASED ON LOT SIZE ONLY.

Regards,

Vibin

former_member328966
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vipin,

As per the given explanation by i am cleared about the alternative sequence. But when i am come to parallel sequence i have created the standard sequence for 10(blundering),20(icap1),30(icap2),40(icap3)  operation and select the operation and create the parallel sequence and in the parallel sequence and given the branch operation as 10 and return operation as 20 i have taken the work center as 10(blundering), and 20(icap1). And created the production order and given the " need overlapping "

Please explain me in this above scenario hoe the system will behave.

Thanks in advance vipin.

vibin_v_joseph
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you Please explain what was the operations that was set inside the parallel sequence. I can understand that the Branch is 10 and Return is 20 so was it the same operations(0010(blundering), and 0020(icap1)) mentioned inside the parallel sequence or anything else.

If You are mentioning the same work center in the parallel sequence as mentioned in standard then can you please clarify whats the actual requirement.

Regards,

Vibin

former_member328966
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

Yes you are correct i am using the same 10th operation(blundering) and 20th operation(icap1) in parallel sequence also which is available in standard

vibin_v_joseph
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If parallel sequences exist in the routing selected then they are automatically copied to the order when the routing is exploded.

During the Confirmation the Work Center mentioned in the sequences can be confirmed.

Regards,

Vibin

former_member328966
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vipin,

I didn't get your point . Suppose if i have used the work center xxxx and yyyy in parallel sequence what will happen? In production order the mentioned 4 work center will flow or this parallel sequence xxxx and yyyy work center will flow.? Kindly clarify me

vibin_v_joseph
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes it will,

The Purpose of parallel sequence is of using more than one different WC parallel and the WC mentioned in routing would be available in the Production Orders also.

Regards,

Vibin

former_member328966
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

Still i am in confused state . In production order which operation will go ?

i have used the standard sequence 10,20,30,40 operation and i select the parallel sequence given the branch operation as 10 and return operation as 20

but when i craete the production order the system is taking the standard seq if i explore the parallel  sequence in production order  at that time also the standard sequence only the system is taking when i saw it in co02